HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer Empty
PostSubject: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer   Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:31 pm

From Joe Siegler's BLACK SABBATH website: pale

January 9, 2012
Tony Iommi has cancer

This just posted from the Official Black Sabbath Facebook page.

With the news that Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, his bandmates would like everyone to send positive vibes to the guitarist at this time. Iommi is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan--the "IRON MAN" of Rock & Roll remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery.

This comes as Black Sabbath--Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Bill Ward (drums)--are writing and recording their first album in 33 years in Los Angeles (still set for release this fall) with producer Rick Rubin. They will now go to the UK to continue to work with Tony. Further information will be released as it becomes available.

UPDATE: If you'd like to send a get well email to Tony, you can do so by emailing getwelltony@black-sabbath.com - Please don't send other stuff than get well wishes. They'll get deleted. It's just for this subject. Thanks.

Posted by Joe Siegler at 8:16 AM

pray pray pray pray pray

Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer   Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Black Sabbath guitarist fighting lymphoma
Posted on January 14, 2012 - 10:10 by David Konow

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/60790-black-sabbath-guitarist-fighting-lymphoma

"I absolutely insist ..., religious or not, send a prayer up for Tony Iommi. Iommi is the reason heavy metal exists. You pray to Crom, Odin, yourself – don't care who. Just send up some positive vibes for Tony Iommi." - Randy Blythe

pray pray pray pray pray pray pray
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer   Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 pm

From Tony Iommi's website
http://www.iommi.com/index.php?story=150

Message From Tony

13th January 2012

My fans, friends & colleagues -

I just want to say how overwhelmed I am with all your messages of support, thank you so much.

Well it's not what I wanted for Christmas, that's for sure, but now I can't wait for the test results to come in and get going with the treatment.

It's really good that the guys are coming over so that we can continue working on the album as things are going great in the studio.

Well, not much else to say at this time, so thanks again.

Bless you all,

Tony
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer   Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:56 pm

sucked hearing this news, but i have a good feeling he will overcome this

iommi horns
Back to top Go down
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer   Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:21 pm

:(

Sending happy thoughts! They said "early stages" so hopefully the treatment won't be too rough and it hasn't spread anywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer   Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:31 pm

horns i wish him the best
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer   Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 am

douse wrote:
sucked hearing this news, but i have a good feeling he will overcome this

iommi horns

Yeah, I second that.

My mom kicked Lymphoma in the nuts over the last two years, but she still hasn't fully recovered yet. So this might take some time. Then again he's filthy rich, so maybe it will go quicker. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer   Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) diagnosed with Cancer
Page 1 of 1