beautiful downgrade
Pearls
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus Empty
PostSubject: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:32 pm

This was a recent status update on Opeth's Facebook:

Hi guys! I'm writing from beyond the grave. Seriously, I was not in a car crash and I haven't broken my arm. All that happened is I hit my head in mastodons tour bus as I was getting a new pair of (red) underwear out from my suitcase. Wish the story was more rock and roll, believe me. Anyways I split my head open down to the skullbone and had to be taken to the emergency. They gave me a bunch of shots in the wound, cleaned me up and stapled my head shut with 8 metal staples. Head is sore and if I smile it feels like the wound is gonna burst open again, but I'll be on stage by tomorrow again. I feel extremely disappointed that we couldn't play at the myth in Minneapolis, but paramedics told me I couldn't. We will reschedule the show for our next trip to the USA. So all rumors of me being in a car crash are false. I did crash my head into a car though, well...a bus really. Sorry for disappointing our fans in Minneapolis but I hope you understand. See you next time. Best. Mikael
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:36 pm

They were even kind enough to post a photo of it face .

Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus 46588010
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:40 pm

HA HA
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:41 pm

thats one deep gash o-0
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:45 pm

I wonder what it looks like with the 8 metal staples holding it closed. I wonder if he is going to have a bald spot there after it heals.
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:41 am

i miss OLD opeth....mikael's a genius, but such a fuckin dick....bring back peter!
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:03 pm

I love Opeth best when there is a mix of aggression and moments of soaring beauty in the same song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:28 pm

So do I, even though I'd consider Damnation to be one of my favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Storm Corrosion is boring as shit. I'm somehow disappointed while not at all surprised. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 1:17 pm

BrentVegas wrote:
Storm Corrosion is boring as shit. I'm somehow disappointed while not at all surprised. Weird.

I tried to play one song on youtube but the buffering drove me up the wall. I haven't gone back yet to take another listen. Is it true that Mikael only does vocals on one song?
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Pearls wrote:
I wonder what it looks like with the 8 metal staples holding it closed. I wonder if he is going to have a bald spot there after it heals.

Here's a photo of the staples! I think I'd pass out if I had to get any kind of staples in my flesh.

Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus Mikael10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:53 pm

brutal bang
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:55 pm

o-0
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:48 am

Pearls wrote:
BrentVegas wrote:

I tried to play one song on youtube but the buffering drove me up the wall. I haven't gone back yet to take another listen. Is it true that Mikael only does vocals on one song?

He does vocals on two songs. On one of them, it's a kind of falsetto vocal style that he opens the song with before Steven takes over the rest of the way. But yeah...it's kind of annoying. You've got two guys, one of whom has an awesome voice and the other who's really not a very good singer at all, so who do you choose to handle most of the vocals? Steven Wilson, of course. The vox are seriously 80% Steven. NOT what I was looking forward to hearing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus   Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ouch, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth splits head on Mastodon bus
Page 1 of 1