the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Betty Malaise & the Mushroomsouper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Betty Malaise

Betty Malaise & the Mushroomsouper Empty
PostSubject: Betty Malaise & the Mushroomsouper   Betty Malaise & the Mushroomsouper I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:09 am

Hello Fellow Dax Fans,

When I was a kid I found Acid Bath or Acid Bath found me. Not sure. But I was one of those kids where headphones were an extension of my body and I mostly listened to Riggs. Riggs was a Godsend to me. As I grew up, I learned from the master and started making music of my own (Betty Malaise and the Mushroomsouper) and I think it reflects what the mastermind handed down. I would like to share it here because I think you'd appreciate the influence. And to say thanks to Dax for the music...because, to me, it's the highest form of human expression.

BIO
Okay, this is a story of a couple a kids from a small rural town in Saskatchewan, Canada. It’s up North but it’s kinda like down South in the U.S. of A. Why? Cause, Go go go! Blood makes the grass grow! The hate is thick. I can taste it. Not a hundred years ago the Feds murdered the Natives not a hundred miles from where I try to sleep at nyte. Heaviness sits on our town like a ghost and makes everyone feel dead. In order to survive, if you know what I mean, my future-husband fed himself a steady diet of NIN and carried TOOL around in a pair of padded headphones and music and he became one thing, you know? He creates it, goes inside of it. Me? I fell asleep to Acid Bath and woke up to Deadboy and the Elephantmen. Music loves words. Words love music. Why, there is no other way for us. So together we learned this craft from the many Masters; Reznor, Riggs, Waits, Cohen, Reed, Mangum, Waters, Bukowski, Burroughs, The Emperor Charlemagne, & Saint Maynard James Keenan. Our band Betty Malaise and the mushroomsouper is a reflection of our shared history, our influences. We invite you to listen. We figure you’d get it.

LINK
http://www.reverbnation.com/fridaynightarmageddon
Back to top Go down

Betty Malaise & the Mushroomsouper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: