Doomchild
mushroomleg
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

your favorite band of all time. Empty
PostSubject: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:20 am

if i had to pick one, it would be The Misfits 77-83.
but, i really didn't like how Robo sped all the songs up when they played live...
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 am

Robo was a maniac behind the kit. You couldn't make a single lyric at that speed. Just bellowing. lol

I can't choose between Misfits, (original lien-up) Danzig, Acid Bath and Alice In Chains
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:31 pm

id have to say its between AIC, Agents of oblivion or Ministry(before darkside)
Back to top Go down
ThyDemise

ThyDemise

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Daxypie
Back to top Go down
mamamoonie
hexavalent headtrip
mamamoonie

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:01 am

ThyDemise wrote:
Daxypie
lol
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:04 am

I have the Danzig Demon skull tattooed across my shoulders....I think that would explain everything...lol
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 am

Can I pick at least one from every country? confused

Salem

kreator

Behemoth

Santeria

Ancient Rites

Rotting Christ

And so many more. I can't pick just one no
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:27 am

Tell me more about Salem. That name does not ring a bell.
Are they from Israel?
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:34 am

Yes, I tried adding a link to wiki, but it contains () and looks funny
If you look for them, you should start with: 'Strings Attached' or 'Collective Demise'
http://www.salemband.com/

Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:01 am

Not too shabby!
(I need to install some metal smilies, damnit.)
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:12 am

it's always a tossup between nine inch nails and deadboy.

but i guess i can say dax is my favourite vocalist, whereas trent is more of a mad scientist with music. and from what i understand dax isn't the best at guitar... oops
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:20 am

TOOL, TOOL, and... TOOL.

Seen 'em live 41 times. Getting a little jaded with their live performance these past couple of years, though. :(
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:56 am

41 times???????

clap

that is fucking impressive. i've seen them maybe... 5 or 6 times, same with APC. i have yet to see puscifer.

i saw them once while on shrooms. closest thing to a religious experience that i've ever had. this was for the 10,000 days tour too, so they had all those lazers and shit. it was intense. we had floor seats for that too. it was amazing.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Yeah I'd like to do that, but I also have a committment to taping, so I usually have to be in a relatively clear state of mind for that.

Saw APC 14 times, if memory serves. My brother and I also caught two Puscifer shows last Fall. Good stuff... thoroughly enjoyed those shows, more than the last few times I caught TOOL, actually.

I just wish TOOL would play around with their setlist more. I don't understand how the band still enjoys playing the same tired setlist for several tours in a row.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Aside from anything Dax related, I would have to go with Katatonia. Everything.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:43 pm

MelancholyVGS311 wrote:
Aside from anything Dax related, I would have to go with Katatonia. Everything.

They are Awesome

now if I were to go top 5 favourite bands

1. Danzig
2. SWANS
3. Dax & all related
4. My Dying Bride
5. High on Fire
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:29 pm

That's a god list.
I need to listen to My Dying Bride more. We kind of lost contact over the years. "The Angel And The Dark River" and "Turn Loose The Swans" are two of the most beautiful albums ever.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Doomchild wrote:
That's a god list.
I need to listen to My Dying Bride more. We kind of lost contact over the years. "The Angel And The Dark River" and "Turn Loose The Swans" are two of the most beautiful albums ever.

I agree on those 2, but there is so much good material in the whole MDB Catalogue
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm

http://musicremedy.com/audio/index.cfm?fuseaction=showvideoplayer&audioid=44168&quality=11
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:43 am

Fucking sweet! New Danzig! carrot
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:54 am

10x for the update
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:01 am

That page won't open for me, for some reason. bangheadwall

I've been hearing about a new Danzig album for awhile. I guess it's out now? Or is that a preview?
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:15 am

optimistic-pessimist wrote:
That page won't open for me, for some reason. bangheadwall

I've been hearing about a new Danzig album for awhile. I guess it's out now? Or is that a preview?

Quote :
The charismatic and complex singer/songwriter Glenn Danzig is set to unleash his first new Danzig studio album in six years. Deth Red Sabaoth, produced by Glenn and recorded in Los Angeles over the course of 2009, will be released on June 22, 2010 (Evilive/The End Records).

The 11-track collection, penned by Danzig, is laced with Glenn's lycanthropic growls and blues-infected wailing. Tracks including "Black Candy," "The Revengeful," and the first single, "On A Wicked Night," emit a spectral glow to rival the highest points in Danzig's colossal discography. Part 1 of the exquisite two-part "Pyre of Souls" opens with acoustic guitar, haunting piano, Glenn's plainsong vocal, and an almost dirge-like feel; Part II explodes with electric guitars and a driving, mesmerizing cadence.

Details
Title: Deth Red Sabaoth
Release date: Jun 22, 2010
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:28 pm

banrock
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:56 pm

I really can't choose. I'm so bad at anything that has to do with "favorites". lol

I can do a top 5, I think. haha

-Dax everything
-Alice in Chains
-Corrosion of Conformity
-Danzig
-Sublime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: your favorite band of all time.   your favorite band of all time. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

your favorite band of all time.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next