miked_for_doom
douse
doomtroll
beautiful downgrade
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Jeff Hanneman is dead. Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:09 pm

What the fuck?
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Damn
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:36 pm

seriously super suck fest... R.I.P. dude :(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:36 pm

well fuck.
rest in peace mother fucker horns

Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:14 pm

fuck, this is shitty fucking news

fuck, this is going to take a while to sink in thumbsdown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:17 pm

Heart and soul of a band I'll always have a soft spot for.

Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:31 am

Fucking horrible. Speechless. So fucking sick to my stomach

Jeff Hanneman is dead. 35bweph

Jeff Hanneman is dead. 482407_617924578236509_1226865944_n

Take Care Jeff. A chapter of music for many of us us now forever shut

:(

rip

Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:41 am

For Jeff:

"FUCKING SLAYER"

horns bang bang bang bang bang bang horns

THANK YOU JEFF notworthy

Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:19 am

very fucking sad. I wish Kerry king was dead instead.
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:32 am

I was thinking how inappropriate saying that would be. but I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:48 pm

ressha wrote:
I was thinking how inappropriate saying that would be. but I agree.

oops
Back to top Go down
xrobwx
Yeshua
xrobwx

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Man, these guys have given me much joy since the late 1980's. Sorry you had to give it up bro.
Death is no respecter of men.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Man this is so sad. I wonder if Slayer will make any albums without him? I doubt they do.

Seasons In The Abyss is my fave album of theirs.

Jeff Hanneman ruled! bang

Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:07 am

hell awaits will always be my favourite slayer album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:47 am

mushroomleg wrote:
hell awaits will always be my favourite slayer album.

yeah, it's Hell Awaits or Seasons for me.
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:30 am

As far as I'm concerned:
NO DAVE---> NO SLAYER
NO DAVE + NO JEFF---------->NO HOPE

I lost count how many times I've seen Slayer. The four of them were getting better and better; tighter and tighter, and more brutal and brutal live. Even if Tom couldn't head bang because of his neck. Just when you might think they couldn't, they would out-do themselves. I would love to still hear Tom and Kerry do something BUT dare not call it Slayer.
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. It's truly a selfish sadness and selfish anger.

It's weird, BLACK SABBATH and SLAYER feel like family to me.

If you drink, drink a Heineken for Jeff!
I don't, so the next best thing is to:

FIND A METALLICA "LOAD" CD
SNAP THE PIECE OF SHIT IN HALF
and
FIND SOMETHING TO CARVE "SLAYER" INTO

hmm2 Suggestion: Don't do both. You may end up carving SLAYER into someone's face.
Fucking Slayer
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:39 am

I wouldn't bother with a tom & kerry project. tom barely writes anything on his own and kerry sucks. let's just hope that dave focuses his energies on philm.
Back to top Go down
Darth Paul
Rockin' the Darkside
Darth Paul

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:07 am

Friday was a Slayer only day.

Diabolus is my fav.

Thank you Jeff! You will be missed.
Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:11 am

All because of a spider bite. What a damn shame. Rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:06 am

this is also why I fucking hate spiders.

edit:

*** literally minutes after I wrote this a fucking spider twinkled down and landed on my monitor as I was watching a melvins video and scared the shit out of me. I just wanted to have a nice relaxing sunday morning...
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:17 pm

It's astounding how a Slayer song can instantly trigger that metal feeling where you just want to scream your lungs out and drink a keg of beer. Only Slayer could pull that off with almost any riff they ever played. R.I.P., Jeff! horns
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:27 pm

The official cause of SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman's death has been revealed to be alcohol-related cirrhosis. While he had his health struggles over the years, including the recent necrotizing fasciitis infection that devastated his well-being, Jeff and those close to him were not aware of the true extent of his liver condition until the last days of his life. Contrary to some reports, Jeff was not on a transplant list at the time of his passing, or at any time prior to that. In fact, by all accounts, it appeared that he had been improving — he was excited and looking forward to working on a new record

While the details are being worked out now, SLAYER wants its fans to know that there will be a celebration of Jeff Hanneman's life sometime later this month, along with Jeff's family and friends, the public will be invited to attend. SLAYER members Kerry King (guitar) and Tom Araya (bass, vocals) are trying to deal with the loss of their brother by remembering some the good times they shared.

Kerry: "I had so many great times with Jeff... In the early days when we were out on the road, he and I were the night owls, we would stay up all night on the bus, just hanging out, talking, watching movies... World War II movies, horror movies, we watched 'Full Metal Jacket' so many times, we could practically recite all of the dialogue."

Tom: "When we first formed SLAYER, we used to rehearse all the time, religiously, 24/7. Jeff and I spent a lot of time hanging out together, he lived in my father's garage which was also our rehearsal space. When he got his own apartment, he had an 8-track and I would go there to record songs I'd written, not SLAYER songs, other stuff I'd written. At a certain point, you still have the band but you start your own lives outside of the band, so that 24/7 falls to the side, you don't spend as much time together as you once did. I miss those early days."

Kerry: "He was a gigantic World War II buff. His father served in that war, so when SLAYER played Russia for the first time — I think it was 1998 — Jeff and I went to one of Moscow's military museums. I'll never forget him walking around that place, looking at all of the tanks, weapons and other exhibits. He was like a kid on Christmas morning. But that was Jeff's thing, he knew so much about WW II history, he could have taught it in school."

Tom: "We were in New York recording 'South Of Heaven'. Jeff and I were at the hotel and we had to get to the studio — I think it was called Chung King, a real rundown place. So we left the hotel and decided to walk, but then it started raining. We walked maybe five blocks, and it was raining so hard, we were totally soaked, so we decided to get a cab. Here we are, two dudes with long hair and leather jackets, absolutely soaked, thumbing to the studio. No one would stop. We had to walk the entire way."

Tom: "Jeff was a lifeline of SLAYER, he wrote so many of the songs that the band will always be known for. He had a good heart, he was a good guy."

Photo credit: Andrew Stuart
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:01 pm

so... it wasn't a spider... he was just a drunk.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:01 am

Still sucks big time. But now there is a lesson attached to it. :/
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:13 am

mushroomleg wrote:
so... it wasn't a spider... he was just a drunk.
he was sponsored by Heineken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman is dead.   Jeff Hanneman is dead. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Hanneman is dead.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next