the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)

Go down 
+3
beautiful downgrade
cosmicfreakout
doomtroll
7 posters
AuthorMessage
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) Empty
PostSubject: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:56 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-40-greatest-stoner-albums-20130607
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:18 pm

sabbath definitely should have ranked better on that list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:37 pm

honestly, like 30 of those shouldn't even be on the list
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:39 am

Eh decent enough list i guess, but there's so many amazing bands left off that should be on there, chief among them - Shpongle, Clutch, The 13th Floor Elevators, Corrosion Of Conformity, Down, I could go on and on.  Oh and Acid Bath should be on there.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:14 am

cosmicfreakout wrote:
Eh decent enough list i guess, but there's so many amazing bands left off that should be on there, chief among them - Shpongle, Clutch, The 13th Floor Elevators, Corrosion Of Conformity, Down, I could go on and on.  Oh and Acid Bath should be on there.

I have never heard of Shpongle before now
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:40 am

doomtroll wrote:

eek I love Shpongle.
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:52 am

doomtroll wrote:
cosmicfreakout wrote:

it's not metal, and the quote thing fixed itself. (or maybe thanks doomchild?) 
any way that list sucks ass. as most lists of this sort do. especially when they come form such a 
big site\paper\megazine't.v channel.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:32 pm

maybe we should make our OWN stoner record list then... who's game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:49 pm

fight their music with our music? im game
whats your opinion of their list?
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:00 pm

sonorandose wrote:
fight their music with our music? im game
whats your opinion of their list?

I like maybe 4-5 entries ... lol
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:48 am

about 10 or 11 nice choices... but rolling stone is and always will be a hack magazine.
I've always hated the term "stoner" to describe rock.  isn't psychedelic the same thing?
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:04 pm

The music industry, the masses, and Rolling Stone are fucking idiots. Hence, it's probably no wonder I identified with the Black Sabbath phenomena (more than a band to me, shit saved my life), Slayer, Acid Bath, and Dax. It makes me think of what Eric Clapton said. He said that when he was in high school, if a person didn't listen to Robert Johnson, HE WOULDN'T EVEN TALK TO THEM. I was like that in H.S. although I still feel I'm definitely passing though as I don't relate, musically, with most people. Dark and Heavy actually improves my mood. (Heavy not just in "metal". I mean, John Lennon was a heavy motherfucker).

In Rolling Stone magazine's infinite wisdom and mighty opinion, some might find this review "interesting". 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/black-sabbath-19700917

September 1970.

At least it is hard to fuck up a fact, (fucking idiots).

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/black-sabbath-top-u-k-chart-for-the-first-time-in-43-years-20130617
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 5:21 pm

lolling stone
Back to top Go down
Darth Paul
Rockin' the Darkside
Darth Paul

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 am

I only considered 4 albums. Kyuss, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, and Sabbath. I would throw some Moody Blues in there, some Tull, The Sword, and others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)   THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE 40 GREATEST STONER ALBUMS (so says Rolling Stone.. Discuss)
Page 1 of 1