Doomchild
MelancholyVGS311
BrentVegas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:33 am

I was searching google for great covers of Leonard Cohen songs, and came across this article: http://www.prefixmag.com/features/leonard-cohen/hes-our-man-the-top-10-leonard-cohen-covers/69245/

Although I love Dax's cover of Cohen better than any others I've heard, I was still shocked to see him mentioned anywhere but here. I've always loved the idea of Dax doing an album of all Cohen songs. Dax's interpretations of his songs are always perfect!
Back to top Go down

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:18 am

Figures they'd have Buckley at 1. I like Jeff, but Cale's "Hallelujah" is superior.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 am

Cool.

Dax's Bird On A Wire is better. So is his version of If It Be Your Will.

...but I guess it cant be a list of Dax's Cohen covers :D There also might be some bias involved here, of course.
Back to top Go down

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:23 pm

dax's cover of im your man should be on that list as well, so good
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:24 am

I nominate Famous Blue Raincoat, as well!
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:51 am

A Dax Cohen tribute album would be so sweet.
That even might get him some attention too. So he's not gonna do it. lol
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:27 am

lol 
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 am

sonorandose wrote:
absofuckinglutely....to me, the most romantic song and rendition ever made
Back to top Go down
tewn

tewn

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:39 am

Doomchild wrote:
Too true...although a couple show ago I asked him if he would ever do songs like 'ghost of a ghost' and other unreleased acoustic renditions and he said yes..he did plan to do that...specifically ghost of a ghost! I'd die a happy man for an updated quality version of that song
Back to top Go down
baby's in black

baby's in black

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 pm

I melted the first time I heard Dax sing Tower of Song. So beautiful...On a similar note, Dax's cover of 30 Century Man is in a tribute album to Scott Walker that was just released. (Songs from Montague Terrace)
Back to top Go down

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:30 pm

tewn wrote:
sonorandose wrote:
absofuckinglutely....to me, the most romantic song and rendition ever made
yes 
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:26 am

Doomchild wrote:
rofl so true! so true! hahahha
Back to top Go down

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 am

I am a terrible Southerner and just last week learned that the song “Hallelujah” is a Cohen's song and made the connection to Dax Riggs. I feel I am missing on a lot of music, but I tend to like Dax's versions better. But I am super glad I had a chance to hear 'death don't have no mercy' by Gary Davis because of Dax.

It is surreal absorbing the history of the South accompanied by Dax's own compositions and the covers he chooses.
Back to top Go down

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:28 am

Back to top Go down

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:42 am

we could make our own dax does cohen album
troops 
Back to top Go down

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 pm

phool Let's name it and then make an album of other covers!

But there should be an album of other covers too. I try to like Bob Dylan on occasions, for example, but I fail at that, Dax's versions I can't get out of my head. The Rolling Stones cover (dead flowers) is also really good. And my greatest respect to the Misfits, but I can't appreciate their Skulls after hearing Dax's rendition first.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dax does Cohen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dax does Cohen   Dax does Cohen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dax does Cohen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: