beautiful downgrade
Mr. Clover
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ressha

ressha

Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Supernaut wrote:
I feel like I'm the only person on the board who has never met Dax.

Shun me.
I haven't as well. and I can only assume liatm hasn't either.
Back to top Go down
Oriah

Oriah

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:44 pm

His Henry McCullough cover "Failed Christian" was pretty awesome, but then again, so are all of his covers......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:42 pm

indeed  horns 

the Mother of Earth cover rules too
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:42 pm

elysa wrote:
Any song Dax covers is his best cover in my opinion! But I want to ask you if you knew about the 30 Century Man cover, that seems to have been released in a tribute album to Scott Walker last year  sunny 

It's the 2nd to the last song on the album, I like it but I don't remember hearing it before:

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/news/premiere_songs_from_montague_terrace_a_tribute_to_scott_walker_album_stream/

Great find!  horns 
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 pm

ressha wrote:
Supernaut wrote:

Shun me.

You can add me to that list too. And I'm guessing, the same would go for Sickure.
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:53 pm

also kleft.
but I'm not sure if board members who rarely posted at the circus and never post here count.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:40 pm

I wonder how Kleft is doing. Hopefully he's still happy in Canada with his lady.
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:28 pm

he's in fucking canda? since when?
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Isn't that where he went? I bet Pearls remembers. It's been a few years now. He went somewhere and met a chick and he seemed pretty happy. I thought it was in Canada.
Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:48 am

I think he's Irish.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Pearls confirmed that he went to Canada, and was engaged to a Canadian chick. She hasn't heard from him a few years, so no telling where he is now.
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 8:49 am

Doomchild wrote:
ressha wrote:
Supernaut wrote:

Shun me.

You can add me to that list too. And I'm guessing, the same would go for Sickure.

Now that's where you're wrong! I have indeed met the man when I crossed the Atlantic back in 2006. I even spent a night at Sean's house. He was the keyboardplayer at the time. Here's a pic of Dax showing his love for me. You may also recognize Jen & Kevin (aka Entropy).

Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 One_ey11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:55 pm

horns 
Back to top Go down
Phool
Servant of Chaos
Phool

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:11 pm

I was there that night.
Back to top Go down
EvilRed88

EvilRed88

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:48 pm

"Aeroplane Over The Sea", "Smokin' Too Long", and "My Condition" are up there. But THE KILL for me is "Our Mother The Mountain". Haven't caught it live(yet), but the next best thing is that Spanish Moon '07 recording. PURE MAJICK...

And he's incredibly personable, when not being pestered by youthful newbies(ACID BATH RULZ!!). Since '93ish, probably chatted w/ him a half dozen times(NEVER approaching him!), usually about music(he'd just purchased the 1st ELO album in ATL in '10(?)) and his artistic influences. Although godlike to most of us, alas, he's just a dude. Take the plunge, y'all!
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 2:59 pm

elysa wrote:
Any song Dax covers is his best cover in my opinion! But I want to ask you if you knew about the 30 Century Man cover, that seems to have been released in a tribute album to Scott Walker last year  sunny 

It's the 2nd to the last song on the album, I like it but I don't remember hearing it before:

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/news/premiere_songs_from_montague_terrace_a_tribute_to_scott_walker_album_stream/

Has this been released on CD / LP or just digitally??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:51 am

Seems released, but only as an MP3 album.
(Amazon for example: http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Montague-Terrace-Tribute-Walker/dp/B00HEZYI2K )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:45 am

Worst: I heard a live version once of Deadboy doing "Wave of Mutilation" by Pixies and it was horrible. Can't remember which show it was from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 4:05 pm

I like all covers, but this one more bang Just heard it a few days ago!!!

Back to top Go down
ressha

ressha

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:53 am

would you fucks stop talking about dax covers? this thread is obviously about kleft.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:21 am

lol2 
Back to top Go down
musick

musick

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:36 pm

It's hard to pick just one but if a gun was held to my head and I had to decide I'd have to pick Tower of Song.

The "Born with a gift of a golden voice" line gets me every time.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:51 pm

musick wrote:

The "Born with a gift of a golden voice"  line gets me every time.

Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 Winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:05 pm

This cover is among my top favorite.

Back to top Go down
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:19 am

Skulls  horns 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Dax Cover?   Best Dax Cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Dax Cover?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next