sunken
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Ain't gonna be pretty for sure.
Back to top Go down
kza

kza

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 5:09 am

Say Goodnight to the World was released in 2012 and he's had 2 follow up albums since #alternatefacts
Back to top Go down
sunken

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 5:49 am

Deadboy and the elephantmens album "if this is hell, then I'm lucky" was voted worst album of the year by Rolling Stone, three years in a row.  #alternatefacts
Back to top Go down
hatedheretic

hatedheretic

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 7:00 pm

I managed to locate blood or love on vinyl recently. So it's kinda like I got new Dax.
It's amazing how elusive that album has been.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 5:21 pm

I still haven't gotten over the fact that I lent somebody my copy of ITIHIL and never got it back. And that one seems kinda hard to come by these days.
Back to top Go down
Shrummed

PostSubject: Listen to Acid RAIN by SonDazed #np on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/dekon-zeller/acid-rain-1   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:15 am

Acid Rain on FB and Sondcloud

Really Kool tribute to Dax , Bath , Shrum and Audie Pitre
Back to top Go down
ComfortableDoom

ComfortableDoom

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:30 am

Any kind of news out there on Dax? What's he doing? Is he planning on releasing new material? Inquiring minds want to know.
Back to top Go down
sunken

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 8:16 am

A few people have seen him working in the kitchen at the chinese buffet place below.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/golden-dragon-chinese-buffet-covington
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:30 pm

I had a dream about a week ago that Dax announced he was releasing a new album and it was a breaking news alert on CNN.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:08 pm

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 pm

I woke up before the orange turd went on Twitter and called it FAKE NEWS.
Back to top Go down
sunken

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 6:10 am

Just an update. 5 fucking years since I posted this topic. 9 years since his last album. Put down the bong!
Back to top Go down
Britt6491

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 12:07 am

Does anyone know the correct lyrics to Under Black Umbrella? The chords are basically the same for Deadboy’s - Filling Empty Holes. So, I’m going to do a collaboration cover of both on my YouTube channel 😊 🖤
Back to top Go down
Insectscream

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 3:39 pm

I really wish he would come back to touring and playing shows already. I never got to see him live and I’m afraid I never will at this rate.
Back to top Go down
ComfortableDoom

ComfortableDoom

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 10:34 am

Does anyone have any idea if Dax has worked on or is currently working on new music? It's been a minute. What has he been doing outside of music over the last few years?
Back to top Go down
labattblueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 11:34 pm

ComfortableDoom wrote:
Does anyone have any idea if Dax has worked on or is currently working on new music?  It's been a minute.  What has he been doing outside of music over the last few years?  
There's been posts here saying he's definitely not done and had worked on both a studio and new music over the last several years. I'm skeptical, but these users claim to have personal or inside knowledge. Take it for what it's worth I guess.
Back to top Go down
doctorthompson

doctorthompson

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 10:04 pm

I don’t have personal or inside knowledge, but I’ve bought stuff off the online store recently … er … well, 8 months ago was the last time I guess, so not so recently — but I used the little memo field for additional order instructions to say: “WTF? I called Fat Possum, they say you’re not a current artist, do you know how many fans you have?… etc”, and in the box of stickers and a t-shirt that arrived the following week was yet another hand-written note, presumably from Barbara (cuz Dax’s handwriting is illegible, and this was quite girly and I heard she handles the merch shipments), assuring me that Dax is hard at work on new music and thanks for all the concern.

I know Shooter Jennings managed to get an audience with Dax fairly recently, there are articles online if you search Google. If I remember correctly, Dax told him he was hard at work on new material too.

I did actually call Fat Possum back in March or April and the dude I talked to said that he wasn’t a current artist but wouldn’t say anything else. I asked if he was dropped or if they were still waiting on an album from him … “we don’t discuss things like that” was all I could get. He wouldn’t even tell me if he had a representative on file. I know NastyLittleMan isn’t handling him anymore, and I couldn’t find a current contact for Matt over at High Road Touring … but I’m guessing none of these people have heard from him anyway.

I heard from someone that he had another kid recently, which would make sense for a time gap like this. I don’t know what he would have got from the iZombie theme contract, but maybe that plus merch and royalties were enough to sit back and relax for a bit, raise the kid, and figure out how to use ProTools without throwing a temper tantrum about technology (heh!).

Wish I had some real, recent info to add, but I don’t. Don’t a ton of people on this forum actually live near him? I’ve been trying to track him down from up here in Canada, 3000 miles north of Houma or wherever he lives now — merch stuff goes through a P.O. Box now, but I know there are people on here who know where he lives. Has anyone tried just showing up and asking him, “Hey, sorry for the interruption, but you have thousands of fans online and they’d just like to know if you’re okay and when they can hear new music from you or see you play live again. Thanks.”

He’s not gonna be a dick or get mad at that kind of request, right? Just don’t ask him to play Dead Girl … please.

— Mahalo!

PS. I should note that Dax doesn’t have a history of placing “fan communication” very high on the priority list. 4 days after Hurricane Katrina with no press release from dBE, I managed to track down Tessie through a friend of a friend of a friend. Her and Dax had been holed up in some motel and she was still trying to contact friends and relatives. I said that I was just a concerned fan, and that there were lots and LOTS of DBE fans concerned about them, she sighed and said, “Well, we’re both okay. He was going … well … I’ll try to get something to our manager to put out, I guess. Dax was supposed to … well, I don’t know where he is right now, he went out to go get comics… left me with the van with no fucking gas in it … again … I’m just … I’m sorry, I should really go, thank you so much for calling! Tell everyone we’re okay and we’ll have a statement or something soon. I just really need to go. Okay? Okay. Sorry. Bye.”

He was okay with us not knowing if he died in a hurricane, so…
Back to top Go down
DerekbartonLa

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 2:06 am

I’ve been on a Dax hunt for a few years now. I live about 3 hours from Lafayette La. I’ve talked to plenty of his friends and people who claim to know him. I’ve heard the same as you guys that he works on music but just hasn’t released any. All his friends that I’ve talked to say they sometimes see him around. Everyone I’ve talked to did say that he really is friendly and an all around good guy. I’ve even talked to a guy who used to own a venue and booked Dax to play several times and even has pictures with Dax and he tried to get in touch with Dax’s old booking agent for me with no luck. I’ve been keeping an eye out at places he was known to play like Spanish Moon and One Eye Jacks. It’s been a few months since I had anything that was breaking news so I kinda let up on the search but now I’m back on it. Meeting Dax Riggs is the one thing I’m certain I’ll do in my lifetime
Back to top Go down
kza

kza

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 2:06 am

Does he have like someone who handles bookings for him? Can we just collectively raise the money & hire him to play a live show somewhere
Back to top Go down
DerekbartonLa

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 pm

I imagine at one point he probably did have someone who helped him book shows. My friend that owned a venue in Louisiana had Dax play there all of the time. He tried to contact his old booking agent earlier this year but he got no response
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 2:34 am

sunken wrote:
Just an update.  5 fucking years since I posted this topic.   9 years since his last album.  Put down the bong!

I came here to check to see what the fuck he is up to. I was just telling my hubs and daughter (all fans, all have seen him live), I hope the fucker isn't dying in a basement somewhere. 9 years no album is scary. DAX WHAT ARE YOU DOING? We're all in hell (for various reasons, mostly the downfall of democracy and truth being a solid thing). Dax are you ok? Are all of you ok?
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 3:43 pm

I'm still here to sweep up occasionally.
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 2:16 am

Thanks Doomy. Hope all is well there. To hear about it here you are all being gang raped by immigrants. :( (Sometimes). Your city specifically tho.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 4:46 am

Yeah, can't set a foot out the door w/o being gang-raped by immigrants. They don't even care, if my gang rape card is already full for the week. They just rape right ahead. In the butthole... if I'm lucky.

Also I'm super worried about the Syrians... Their grocery store doesn't seem to be doing so well, and I really like shopping there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next