cosmicfreakout
Doomchild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Corrosion of Conformity Empty
PostSubject: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 4:49 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pepper-keenan-says-there-is-talk-of-him-reuniting-with-corrosion-of-conformity-for-european-tour/

"PEPPER KEENAN Says There Is Talk Of Him Reuniting With CORROSION OF CONFORMITY For European Tour

During an interview with TeamRock at this weekend's Bloodstock Open Air festival in the United Kingdom, DOWN guitarist Pepper Keenan spoke about his current status with CORROSION OF CONFORMITY and whether he ever plans on doing anything with that band ever again.

Keenan is still considered to be a member of CORROSION OF CONFORMITY but is not involved in the reunion of C.O.C.'s "Animosity" lineup, which was resurrected in 2010 and has been recording and touring ever since.

Pepper told TeamRock: "The old C.O.C. thing's been coming up a lot. We're talking to Reed [Mullin, drums] and Woody [Weatherman, guitar] about getting that going.

"That's going to take a lot of attention. We're talking about just going to Europe and playing shows as the 'Deliverance' four-piece, and starting from there to get it back together."

Back in May, Keenan told the Lubbock, Texas radio station 94.5 FMX about a possible reunion with CORROSION OF CONFORMITY: "The C.O.C. thing is still a pretty big part of my life and a big part of where I came from and how I got here. So the questions always come up all the time [about whether I will do something with C.O.C. again]. We are getting closer to solving that. Everybody is talking. We've had offers from a lot of different promoters all over the place. It's just a matter of [finding the] time [to do it right], you know, and not doing it half-assed. It has to be real. I'm not gonna jump into it for a paycheck. We all talk and we wanna get together and start writing and see what happens."

Keenan joined CORROSION OF CONFORMITY in 1990, but he did not become the band's lead singer until the recording of "Deliverance", which came out in 1994.

In a 2012 interview with Blistering.com, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY bassist/vocalist Mike Dean was asked if the band will ever do anything with Pepper again. "There's no firm plans, but there is a firm desire to make it happen," he said. "We had a really good time doing 'In The Arms Of God' and I'm really proud of that album. The only thing missing was Reed. I thought Stanton Moore did a great job… I came away from that thinking that if we had this level of creativity and also had Mullin… that would be a bonus. But yeah, I hope we don't just get that lineup together for shows or 'Deliverance' nostalgia shows, but get it together with the idea of putting out a record."

Legacy Recordings, Sony Music Entertainment's catalog division, in 2010 released "Playlist: The Very Best Of Corrosion Of Conformity", a new CORROSION OF CONFORMITY best-of collection in the "Playlist" compilation albums series.

CORROSION OF CONFORMITY's most recent studio album with Keenan, "In the Arms of God", came out in 2005 on Sanctuary Records.

C.O.C.'s reunited "Animosity" lineup released its new album, "IX", on July 1 via Candlelight Records. The CD was produced by the band and longtime comrade John Custer.

Fan-filmed video footage of DOWN performing the CORROSION OF CONFORMITY classic "Albatross" on May 9 at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey can be seen below."

bang
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 7:20 pm

I heard about this a short while ago.  I really hope this could mean another COC album with Pepper in the near future. horns
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 7:15 am

I read it that way and am excited about it. horns
Back to top Go down
Darth Paul
Rockin' the Darkside
Darth Paul

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Never listened to COC.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 2:36 pm

But you should. thumbsup

Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

coc with pepper is best coc
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Deliverance is one of the best rock albums of all time, for reals.  Wiseblood and In The Arms of God were pretty dope too.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Doomchild wrote:
But you should. thumbsup

Man i fucking love this song so much!! banrock 
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 pm

banrock 
Back to top Go down
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:33 pm

douse wrote:
coc with pepper is best coc

Agreed!

pearls

Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:58 am

though I gotta say I was jamming IX yesterday and its a jamming album, I like the last one too, I think its cool theyre doing the 3 piece thing for a bit. I wouldn't want them to set around while pepper did down, and they obviously should go by the coc name since these dudes were the ones that started the band

I also jammed deliverance and americas volume dealer yesterday, and I liked those even better  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Looks like COC plans on having Pepper back in the fold next year! banrock

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/corrosion-of-conformity-to-reunite-with-pepper-keenan-in-2015
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:12 am

:D
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Nice! I hope for a new COC with Pepper. I can't get into the non-Pepper COC.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 am

Me neither, but what I heard of the new one I found an improvement over the last one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrosion of Conformity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: