+2
douse
kimbru
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kimbru
GodmadeConscious

Velvet song for golden skulls Empty
PostSubject: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Is the best dax album ever.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Velvet song for golden skulls SorryIncorrect
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 8:24 am

It's pretty fucking great though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:18 am

It is great
Back to top Go down
Sune

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:44 am

I agree that it's a great collection of songs.

My googling skills probably suck, but I haven't been able to find a download of it anywhere, and I hate only being able to listen to it on Youtube. If you browse through the comments section on the version posted on Youtube, you'll find some interesting details about the recording of the songs though, courtesy of Lucas Broussard himself. Why someone chose to mark his comments as spam I don't know, but that seems pretty dumb to me, as they are interesting little bits of information.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 10:07 am

I also read YouTube comments on uploads of Dax stuff and I also saw Lucas' comments marked as spam... Funny, because they should be marked as "Please, read this".

I love this album. I cannot imagine why it was never released. I hope it's some studio/producers block and no the musicians getting upset with Dax's claims of ownership of these songs.

I upload a lot of T-Daks & His White Plastic Soul songs because I like showing that Dax alone strumming his guitar produces just as good tunes as him with a band. (This is my opinion of course, I know many other people prefer Dax with a band, but to me a drunk Dax and his guitar are just as good).

:D

Here

Check out full live shows from this link cheers sunny I heart

http://daxriggsliveshows.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Sune

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 10:25 am

I actually agree with you about the stripped-down Dax thing. Unlike some of you in here my favorite Dax output is Deadboy and onwards, and I feel that he is getting better with each record now. I celebrate his move towards singer-songwriter territory, as it holds greater emotional potential and value to me. Metal can be nice, but it is in my opinion limiting when it comes to emotional expression, and I imagine that's why he's moving further away from it and going more basic. The way I see it, he's stripping away superfluous elements and trying to distill the music down to it's emotional core. At least that's how I feel about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:57 pm

There is an interview with Dax floating around, where he says that now he can sing the way he couldn't before - has more control over his voice I guess.

But the blues songs he picks are to me very difficult especially if one did not grow up with the blues. So it is amazing what Dax has done with his voice given his strong (and awesome) metal background. :D

I heart

sunny
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 6:06 pm

ha, that song reminds me of an old song, shit what is it
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 6:26 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Back to top Go down
musick

musick

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 2:06 pm

That Caterie '02 version of "In Death" you posted was my first attempt at recording Dax live, it was on an old RaveMP shitty ass mp3 player that could record PCM audio through the shitty built in mic port.

... I was 18 and I sat literally indian style in front of Dax on the floor and just sat the mp3 player like next to his shoe.

The rest is history.

...the fucking memories man.
Back to top Go down
musick

musick

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 2:09 pm

LOL, even funnier, at the very start of the clip you can hear someone call my name, because I was fucking mezmerized by dax solo (that was my first show)

....and reality fucking hit me, the person saying "Andrew" at the beginning of the clip is the late megZ,, RIP.

facepalm rip
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:28 pm

musick wrote:
That Caterie '02 version of "In Death"  you posted was my first attempt at recording Dax live, it was on an old RaveMP shitty ass mp3 player that could record PCM audio through the shitty built in mic port.

... I was 18 and I sat literally indian style in front of Dax on the floor and just sat the mp3 player like next to his shoe.

The rest is history.

haha that's awesome man! all you people who record his live shit THANK YOU notworthy notworthy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:20 pm

musick wrote:
That Caterie '02 version of "In Death"  you posted was my first attempt at recording Dax live, it was on an old RaveMP shitty ass mp3 player that could record PCM audio through the shitty built in mic port.

The rest is history.

Thank You So Very Much for recording these shows. If you want me I would love to credit you for recording these magical performances. (Maybe you could PM to me with how you want to be credited and which shows are the ones that you recorded - or even to credit you for just this show.)

Thank you again. notworthy cheers

sunny
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:14 am

musick wrote:
LOL, even funnier, at the very start of the clip you can hear someone call my name, because I was fucking mezmerized by dax solo (that was my first show)

....and reality fucking hit me, the person saying "Andrew" at the beginning of the clip is the late megZ,, RIP.

facepalm  rip

Aw, damn. I know how those things can send a shiver down one's spine. But they are awesome little surprise mementos too. horns
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velvet song for golden skulls   Velvet song for golden skulls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Velvet song for golden skulls
Page 1 of 1