noelle
KimmieRae70
mrmojorisin
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrmojorisin

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Did anyone go to the cleveland show? Fucking brilliant. It was packed. I didnt notice (probably b/c i was hammered) but i guess the crowd was a tad unruly. He told everyone to chill in between songs like 3 times.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:41 pm

haha! really??
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Hehe, that's funny. Tell us more about the show! I wanna pretend I'm there!
Back to top Go down
perfectdreamingskull

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 pm

ya dude the show was bad ass one of the best dax shows ive seen but for real there were some dumb ass drunk ppl there, i mean why the fuck would you fight at a dax show? i seen this guy get into a fist fight with a chick some idiot threw beer in the air there was a mosh at a dax show i dont know about anyone else but i dont want to mosh at a dax show after . after like the second song he said if felt weird in here and not to push because people in the front could get hurt. at one point he said he didnt wanna start another song untill people calmed down. he told us all that we should meditate and feel free to do it right now then he played like moonlight. i couldnt believe how some of the crowd acted tho during the show i mean i seen deadboy there tess era back in 06 and it was a way more calmer vibe i mean everyone was in complete aw just standing there watching him.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:02 pm

oh wow...that sounds kinda not good...a few guys started a half-ass circle pit at a show I was at last week, but it fizzled as soon as it began, really...but pushing and fighting is not what I wanna be around, especially when Dax is tryna play. I like how he tried to calm everybody down. I can totally see him saying that...thanks for the great description, man. The show was kick ass though, huh? good shit.
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:04 am

i was there w/ my gf. we were 2 rows from the stage and the crowd was ANNOYING as fuck. lotta drunk 30-somethings screaming for "deadgirl". the band sounded good though, and Dax's voice was amazing live as always. he talked a lot between songs... at one point he told the crowd to "stop fighting and just make the sign of the cross". he also went on a rant about how gay drew carey is... i think he mighta been on drugs that night. after the show my girlfriend got to meet him, and he signed her shirt and told her that he wasn't going to make any more of these shirts cause he "stole the design". he was very cool to her. i didn't say anything to him... what do you say? very good show though even though people were moshing to "heartbreak hotel". dumb fucks...
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:07 am

oh... if anyone got a boot of the show... pleez pm my arse.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:09 am

it's the white medusa tank right? yeah, charley, dax's drummer told me the same thing, which is why the shirt isn't available online...she (and I :)) are proud owners of "limited edition" dax tees. whoo! dax asked me if he could see mine while we were standing by the bar in Atl. and he looked at it like he had never seen it before..I was like "yeah, man, they're selling shirts with your name on em over there" and he was all "damn! they ARE selling shirts with my name on them!" haha he's silly...

drew carey?? oh yeah, cleveland..I get it...lol
wtf is with moshing to HH?
*SMHD*

I agree with you that Dax is sounding better than ever..and his band in INCREDIBLE. I would love to hear an audio boot too!
Back to top Go down
mrmojorisin

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 am

Haha i forgot about the drew carey thing. a gallon and a half of beer will tend to do that. i cant stress enough though how great the show was. the band was awesome. My ears are just now starting to recover. And yeah, i hope someone has a boot of this show
Back to top Go down
mrmojorisin

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 am

P.S.

what exactly happened to the circus? or is that a need to know sort of thing? just curious
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:47 am

mrmojorisin wrote:
P.S.

what exactly happened to the circus? or is that a need to know sort of thing? just curious
this might help
https://aboardwithnoname.forumotion.com/arguably-argumentative-f11/that-other-dax-site-t80.htm
basically, jewboy had a fit and deleted everything.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:26 am

I spent quite a bit of time with dax last in Chicago and he did enjoy the show at the Grog at all. Very uncomfortable and unhappy with all the violence. He hates putting out positive energy and getting negative throw back at him. He felt responsible since it was him playing that caused the drunken mayhem. Was very grateful for the Chicago crowd...literally said "I love you guys.." twenty some times.
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 am

the hostility in that crowd was unreal... just because Dax's new stuff isn't THAT angry...
hopefully he comes back to cleveland.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:12 pm

He will. Grog shop is a constant stop.
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:39 pm

i might have to go to the next chicago show..that may be as close as he ever gets to here :(
Back to top Go down
mrmojorisin

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:37 pm

maybe he should upgrade to a bigger venue. It might make for a less agitated crowd. Despite the douchebaggery, i was pleasantly surprised to see he has such a following here. I swear i've never met anyone who knew of Dax when i go on one of my sad little fanboy rants
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:30 pm

quiet_doom wrote:
i might have to go to the next chicago show..that may be as close as he ever gets to here :(
You could meet me if you went!!!
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:43 am

Draugr wrote:
I spent quite a bit of time with dax last in Chicago and he did enjoy the show at the Grog at all. Very uncomfortable and unhappy with all the violence. He hates putting out positive energy and getting negative throw back at him. He felt responsible since it was him playing that caused the drunken mayhem. Was very grateful for the Chicago crowd...literally said "I love you guys.." twenty some times.

Me too Matt. First night in NYC.  Mercury Lounge was pretty chill that night. He turned me on to some music. Second night had an even chiller crowd. Last time I saw Dax at Mercury Lounge was during a blizzard. He just made it there @ midnight, helped him and Andy bring all the shit in.  Crowd had some real cock smokers there. Andy and Dax were frustrated cuz a lot of equipment got fucked up @ the previous show. (I think it was the Ohio or Michigan show). Andy was about to bitchslap this idiot there.  

Anyway, so happy these 2 shows @ ML had a nice crowd, soundboard guy did a good job, band was great, and Dax was on.   bang  Said love you a lot also.

I was surprised when he told me the set was heavier than the album but was it true. Very cool Great show. But a pit at a Dax show? Lame, man. Their musical diet must consist of head banging to Barry Manilow when they are not listening to Dax.
Back to top Go down
quiet_doom
a fine mess
quiet_doom

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:18 am

Draugr wrote:
quiet_doom wrote:
i might have to go to the next chicago show..that may be as close as he ever gets to here  :(
You could meet me if you went!!!

even more reason to go!!!  :)
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:39 am

miked_for_doom wrote:
Their musical diet must consist of head banging to Barry Manilow when they are not listening to Dax.

lmao
Back to top Go down
Omega

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:01 pm

I was one row away from the front. These two big drunk guys kept pushing and falling on everyone. There was a girl dancing in the front row and they kept leaning on her so she pushed him. One guy started screaming in her face and shoving her. I stepped in between them and my friend jumped in there and started pushing him. The bouncer tried getting them to leave but he was a small guy and they didn't listen. It made the show pretty shitty. The music was good as always though.
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:32 pm

there is usually some drunk asshole screwing things up for everyone.. sorry to hear that happened.

welcome to the forums horns
Back to top Go down
miked_for_doom

miked_for_doom

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:10 am

yeahthat

Or some drunk fool screaming "Deadgirl". Sometimes I wonder if people do that just so they can hear themselves on a recording.

Yea, it b cool but I think we have just as good of a chance of Dax doing "Deadgirl" as we do Sammy doing acoustic version! grinno
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:37 am

If he is ever going to do an Acid Bath song again it certainly will not be Deadgirl. I would love to hear many other songs before that one. People are idiots.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:42 am

AMEN BROTHERS.
Those folks always make me cringe at shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleveland Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Show   Cleveland Show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Show
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next