+2
optimistic-pessimist
scaredsquee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

a perfect circle touring the west coast Empty
PostSubject: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:01 am

After a six-year hiatus, A Perfect Circle will reconvene in November for a West Coast theater tour. The long-awaited shows feature a surprise for hardcore fans: the band will play all three of their albums in their entirety in each city. “We’re going to do three nights in each city,” frontman Maynard James Keenan tells Rolling Stone. “We’re going to do Mer de Noms the first night, Thirteenth Step the second, and eMOTIVe the third night.”

here's the rest of the article

also here:
http://www.spin.com/articles/perfect-circle-reform-fall-tour

i wish i could make it out there. but hopefully this means an east coast tour as well? i hope??
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:46 am

This is the kind of thing I would have taken a trip to go see in previous years, when I had more disposable income. Kinda bummed out I can't make it to one of these sets of shows. I've seen APC 14 times, and would love to go see them perform all 3 of their albums. no
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:00 am

oh i know me too. i have seen them maybe 5 or 6 times and i would absoloutely love to see them perform MDN. hopefully they'll make it to the east coast and hopefully i'll have enough money for all 3, because while 13s and E are not favourites, i still really enjoy them. plus it'd be cool to see them cover Imagine live. i'm one of the few that actually like emotive so.
Back to top Go down
optimistic-pessimist
turns sound waves
into 1s and 0s
optimistic-pessimist

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:40 am

I like eMotive too. I don't love it, like the other two albums, but I never expected them to perform the entire album live. I want to see that just for the rarity of it.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:47 pm

I would also kill a small family to go and see all 3 albums played live.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:24 pm

lol fucking exactly, Draugr
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:06 pm

ha. it would be a bummer for the people who get the show where they play emotive lol

i mean it doesnt suck, but the first two >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 pm

I got tickets for both nights here in Vegas. No Emotive night here, but I think I can make do with MDN and TS. =) I never got to see APC before, so I'm very excited about these shows.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:08 am

fuckin' congrats, man. i know a lot of people had a hard time getting the tickets and stuff. i'm so excited (and jealous!) for/of you :D
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Thanks! It should be awesome. It wasn't the easiest thing getting the tickets. I tried to find out through the venue if I could come down and skip using ticketmaster, but I couldn't find out if they were guaranteeing to have some at the box office or not. So it was ticketmaster, and fairly stressful, but I got 'em!

This has been a great year for shows for me, but I never would have thought I'd get to see both Tool and APC in 4 months time.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:08 pm

tool never did an east coast thing this year thumbsdown
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:35 pm

So Mer de Noms was last night, and I go back for Thirteenth Step later tonight. Overall, it was a great show. I think I'm glad they hit Vegas last on this little tour, because at this point they're pretty tight, and sound really good. I'd heard that Maynard hasn't been able to handle the vocals from MdN, but he sounded pretty fucking great to me. In the last year, I've seen him with Tool, Puscifer, and now APC, and his voice still sounds like the 2nd best live voice out there to me (you know who's #1). He also talked a lot more than I expected him to, including saying after Sleeping Beauty that he can say "without a shadow of a doubt, that I absolutely hate singing that fucking song." Haha.

The only things I didn't like were the length and the crowd. No opening band, and then MdN, a Bowie cover, and Imagine meant that the whole thing was just over an hour. I expected that, though, and I guess I should have expected the idiots in the crowd. The drunk girl who sang Orestes at the top of her lungs in the worst singing voice I've ever heard, the guy next to me that tried to imitate Maynard's dancing style the entire night through, the morons who kept yelling out, "Play Undertow!" Oh, and the couple in front of me who spent the whole evening making out and dry humping. At least they were amusing if disgusting. The others all deserved to be punched in the face. Still, though, the music dominated my focus, and looking forward to tonight.

Oh, and Josh Freese is an awesome drummer.
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:55 pm

is it JUST me, cause it cant be, but doesnt it seem like EVERY band hates the north or atleast playing here? I get screwed outta seeing SO much shit! I'd name bands but it would take forever. And if a band does come to MI, it's always at some shit venue in like grand rapids, which is like 3 1/2 hours from where i live. what happened to Detroit love?! I hear people complain about how they hate Ohio so much but bands play there.....i need you peoples input.....
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:45 am

Its because bands are lazy. They like the ease of hitting off a few shows on each coast and then rolling around in the money they just made. I am thankful Chicago is only 2 hours away, they tend to get a few of the bands I love to stop by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a perfect circle touring the west coast   a perfect circle touring the west coast I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a perfect circle touring the west coast
Page 1 of 1