noelle
I Am The Cross
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
I Am The Cross

I Am The Cross

Something I´ve been wondering about Empty
PostSubject: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 pm

You know I´ve always wondered about this. Do musicians like Dax have day jobs? :P
I mean they do make their money from playing shows and selling merchandise when they are on tour, but what about in between? Can you imagine Dax Riggs preparing salads in a restaurant? :P
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Haha, I wonder the same thing sometimes...
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:02 pm

indie musicians like dax have jobs.. cause they really dont make a lot of cash in between albums and shows.. mainly cause the label dont have as much money to invest in promotions as say Sony/Warner/BMI would have... less promotions usually means less sales and money.. but the industry is changing.. as some bands are making a killing on their own using places like myspace/facebook to heavily promote themselves.
Back to top Go down
SanitaryRefuse

SanitaryRefuse

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:36 pm

So now the the question is... if Dax has a day job, what is it? Anybody? Just curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 pm

this a great thread...though I have no Idea what dax does by day...I can see him driving a school bus
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:13 pm

I always thought, he gets by okay with his music. I really cannot imagine him working at some burger joint or something.
Back to top Go down
I Am The Cross

I Am The Cross

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Same here. I mean how could you have a day job and make time to do tours and shit like that? It would also suck to have to come home after work and then write songs.
Back to top Go down
SanitaryRefuse

SanitaryRefuse

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Doomchild wrote:
I always thought, he gets by okay with his music. I really cannot imagine him working at some burger joint or something.

i feel the same way. i mean, i know for a fact most 'smaller' (and i use the term loosely) bands and artists, have jobs that they go home to after their tours and such, but i also kind of thought Dax made a living with the music alone. i dunno.
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 pm

to my knowledge, dax dont have a job and hasnt in a while.. he makes enough with his music.

now, not all indie musician have jobs, just some.. depends on how good their stuff sells... and how good the label promotes them.
some labels only provide a certain amount of cd's and booking.. they usually just run a split of sales off cd's/merch... a lot is left up to the band/artist to do.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:34 am

dax hasn't had a job in a very long time. His current job is to be awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:27 am

lol
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 am

WELL GIVE THAT MAN A RAISE !!!
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 am

lol
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 1:20 pm

horns lol2
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Draugr wrote:

he's the CEO of awesome
Back to top Go down
Mortality

Mortality

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:41 pm

horns
Back to top Go down
monicahebert

monicahebert

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:22 pm

scaredsquee wrote:
devilmatt wrote:

he's the CEO of awesome

good one!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Dandelions

Dandelions

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:43 pm

He had to have some job especially during the Daisyhead days..
Does anyone have any knowledge of what he did during this time period, right after the end of Acid Bath?
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:30 pm

When I saw him in Dallas we started talking about Swamp Thing after he looked at my tattoo. he said the only thing he could ever see himself doing (besides music) was working at a comic book store. haha
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:32 pm

haha that's great!
Back to top Go down
jody

jody

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 pm

I know For a fact that when he was in acid bath he worked offshore on a drilling rig and has also worked in a few shipyards which are both pretty tough jobs dax is not a pussy! but I could totally see him driving a school bus like whats his name from the simpsons grinno
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:20 pm

lol2 Otto
Back to top Go down
rbeezy

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:45 pm

with the exception of big-time celebrities, musicians make most of their money from playing shows. That's dax's dayjob. That's why when he was living in LA sometimes there would be 2-3 shows at the same place in one week. For most people doing this, it provides just enough to get by or to live in moderate comfort, but I hear dax is actually doing pretty well.

Plus, playing solo shows means he doesn't have to pay band members a cut for that show

it's different when you're starting out. You try to play shows for FREE (or for just alcohol) if you can just to get your name out there. But now that Dax is pretty much guaranteed to bring a crowd he gets paid more per show. I'm not saying he's rich but I think at this point (or for quite some time now) he doesn't need a "regular job" besides playing shows

but idk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:28 pm

I've also been wondering about this. I'm fairly certain he sells pot.
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Dude sold to me last week. Killer shit. Say goodnight, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I´ve been wondering about   Something I´ve been wondering about I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something I´ve been wondering about
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: