the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DEADacidOBLIVION

DEADacidOBLIVION

Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you? Empty
PostSubject: Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you?   Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you? I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:59 pm

I swear Dax is the only person I can relate to since my husband's death. He OD'ed on heroin about a month ago... He's the one that turned me on to Dax (Acid Bath initially, of course, then I got into his other stuff on my own). It's the only music I listen to anymore pretty much...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you?   Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you? I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 12:43 am

Really sorry about your husband, I'm glad you're able to find comfort through Dax's music.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you?   Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you? I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 8:50 am

I'm sorry about your husband. :(
Back to top Go down
Evil_Carrot

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you?   Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you? I_icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Heroin is an awful addiction that has played an awful role in way too much of my life. Dax's music is great and has helped me through a lot, but I actually feel that way towards the indie band the Mountain Goats more. As much as I usually prefer metal and hard rock and that type of thing, it's just often really relatable songs about depressing subjects (drugs, abuse, suicide, depression) in a really upbeat style that sort of helps me keep the "you'll make it through" mindset. It certainly helps that the guy lived through a lot of that too (he ran away from his abusive father, took up heroin for a few years, took up music as a coping method after getting clean and working in a psych ward, a close friend committing suicide...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you?   Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever feel like Dax is the only person who understands you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: