HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mercyful Fate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'

PostSubject: Mercyful Fate   Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:56 pm

I listened to some Mercyful Fate awhile back since I hadn't listened to them in forever and holy shit I was blown away by how good some of their songs are.

I never got into King Diamond's solo albums that much although they're pretty good, and the 90's stuff from Mercyful Fate don't really do much for me but man, nothing can fuck with their early 80's albums, that's some of the best shit EVER, even if it is cheesy as hell.

I thought it was interesting that King Diamond never had any intention's of being a singer and never took any vocal lessons or anything, he just wanted to play guitar lol.  That's incredible to me b/c his singing style is so over the top and impossible to replicate lol.

horns horns horns horns
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate   Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Damn, I love King, but I'm the other way round. I treasure (almost) all his solo records, and I think Mercyful Fate are cool, too. But I never obsessed over them the way I do over him doing his solo things. horns
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate   Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:45 am

Doomchild wrote:
Damn, I love King, but I'm the other way round. I treasure (almost) all his solo records, and I think Mercyful Fate are cool, too. But I never obsessed over them the way I do over him doing his solo things. horns
Rite on. horns

I mostly like Mercyful Fate because of the guitar interplay between Hank Shermann and Michael Denner, their guitar melodies on Melissa and Don't Break The Oath are fucking tremendous.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate   Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:31 pm

That no one can argue with at all. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate   

Back to top Go down

Mercyful Fate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum