HellfirE
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

New old audio coming soon Empty
PostSubject: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Guardic(guy hosting the dropbox with all the dax downloads)
has been given a chunk of unreleased demos and some live soundboard recordings, thats never been released, by someone online(don't know if he wants his name revealed yet)... me and doom will post up links in the boot section over the next few days/weeks.. so keep an eye out... you can also, if you haven't already, get updates from the dax dropbox facebook page too... I haven't got my hands on them yet, but this could be one of the best new old finds in a looong time.. cheers

Last edited by HellfirE on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 4:45 pm

In case you missed the link on here somewhere, here's the link to the dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9vwxmxuvg405hv/AAAmxpJbEteNS0dMjlB8y3qXa?dl=0

Also, a new soundboard recording from 5-10-03 has just been added(in the dax riggs section under live show audio).. the first of the chunk of newly found older recordings to be released :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9vwxmxuvg405hv/AACsXwrIO9CAYK4AI5roAAsFa/Dax%20Riggs/Live%20Shows%20(AUDIO)/(2003)%2005-10-2003%20-%20Sidebar%20(Lafayette%2C%20LA)%20%5BFLAC%5D%20%5BSB%5D?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

Edit: the quality on this recording is phenomenal and many of the songs will probably now be the best quality we have of them.. I'm jamming right now and cant believe it
New old audio coming soon Receiv10
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 6:09 am

Newish Dax horns
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 pm

I just got a few more soundboard shows... I'll update here as soon as they are available on the dropbox!
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 11:41 am

Keep in mind folks, some of the incoming stuff is already part of the collection here, but now we have a way better (flac) quality now... the electric comoland demos are part of this chunk too
Back to top Go down
sunken

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 8:40 pm

This is great. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 9:07 pm

how have i never heard the Evil Friend recording from the Henry Rollins show
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 5:26 am

We'll never know. lol
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 2:24 pm

TheGodDamnWizardry wrote:
how have i never heard the Evil Friend recording from the Henry Rollins show

Because it's actually not from the Henry Rollins show, but from TK's show. 😉
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 2:27 pm

They played 2 tracks on the Henry Rollins show: Stop, I'm Already Dead & Blood Music.
They played 2 tracks on TK's show: Stop, I'm Already Dead & Evil Friend.
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 3:18 pm

HellfirE wrote:
In case you missed the link on here somewhere, here's the link to the dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9vwxmxuvg405hv/AAAmxpJbEteNS0dMjlB8y3qXa?dl=0

Also, a new soundboard recording from 5-10-03 has just been added(in the dax riggs section under live show audio).. the first of the chunk of newly found older recordings to be released :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9vwxmxuvg405hv/AACsXwrIO9CAYK4AI5roAAsFa/Dax%20Riggs/Live%20Shows%20(AUDIO)/(2003)%2005-10-2003%20-%20Sidebar%20(Lafayette%2C%20LA)%20%5BFLAC%5D%20%5BSB%5D?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

Edit: the quality on this recording is phenomenal and many of the songs will probably now be the best quality we have of them.. I'm jamming right now and cant believe it
New old audio coming soon Receiv10

I've had this for years. 😊
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 3:26 pm

I've been meaning to check if I have any Dax stuff that's not available yet on the Dropbox collection. I finally got around to it and I've found a bunch.
I've also found some errors. I'll try to list them here.
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 5:47 pm

I just checked the Deadboy section on Dropbox. It has 58 live shows. My collection has 96 shows.
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 8:15 pm

sickure wrote:
They played 2 tracks on the Henry Rollins show: Stop, I'm Already Dead & Blood Music.
They played 2 tracks on TK's show: Stop, I'm Already Dead & Evil Friend.

face that makes sense then
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 8:17 pm

also bang to everything else you said
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 2:54 pm

I noticed that most of the uploaded folders include a cover of some sorts. I'm pretty sure that some of them are fan made, so maybe they shouldn't be included? Otherwise people will assume those are the actual covers. I even think some of the titles are fan made.
For instance the Scream Of The Butterfly Demo. I just have it listed as Live Demo.
Or the Golgotha Demo (Wet Dreams Of The Insane). Is that a confirmed title? Fan made artwork?
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 2:59 pm

The Velvet Songs For Golden Skulls is definitely fan made. It was a studio recording that surfaced on the Circus years ago. It had 8 songs, but later on someone added a couple of songs from other sources and now it's apparently a 14 track album? And this is definitely a Deadboy And The Elephantmen recording. These were the original songs:

1 - Dressed In Smoke
2 - Tomorrow We Jump
3 - Break It Off
4 - Heart In Hand
5 - How Long The Night Was
6 - Nevermind The Scenery, It's Only Bleeding
7 - The Serpent Is Eating Itself
8 - Ancient Man

This is the source of the other tracks:

- Thing In A Jar & Skulls: KLSU Radio Show (2003 May 10)
- Spinning Song: Dax home demo
- Blood Music / Evil Hides / Scarlett Of Heaven Nor Hell: live songs, although I haven't figured out from what show(s) yet
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:02 pm

About the Deadboy folder "2003 Studio with Lucas": both songs are the same as the ones from Velvet Songs For Golden Skulls.
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:31 pm

About the folder "Blood Or Love (Demo): I have this listed as "rough mix", but some of these tracks are actually quite different from the album versions so I guess this is indeed more than a different mix.

And here's where it gets a bit complicated. I also have a folder entitled "Matt Sweeney Session 2006" with 7 songs.
4 songs are in the Blood Or Love (Demo) folder: Forgot I Was Alive / Truth In The Dark / Spinning Song (ver2) / Flowers (Ghost Movement).
2 songs are in the We Sing Of Only Blood Or Love (Deluxe Edition) folder: Evening God & Demon Tied To A Chair In My Brain. And btw: there is no actual deluxe edition. The 3rd track on the "Deluxe Edition" is Under Black Umbrella and it's the same song as the one in the Blood Or Love (Demo) folder.
The final song from my "Matt Sweeney" folder is Scarlett Of Heaven Nor Hell and it's different from the one in the Blood Or Love (Demo) folder.

My guess is they demoed several tracks probably on several occasions. Maybe all these songs should be in 1 folder: We Sing Of Only Blood Or Love (Demos)?

And I also feel these tracks should be listed under the Deadboy And The Elephantmen moniker, cause they were still performing under that name in 2006.
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:32 pm

About these Deadboy live shows:

2002-05-24: I have this listed as 2002-05-30
2004-05-24: I have this listed as 2004-05-29
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 2:52 am

Dropping that knowledge like it's hot. horns
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 1:05 pm

I was actually surprised to find 3 live shows I didn't have yet.
Back to top Go down
sickure
Humanity Is The Devil
sickure

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 1:21 pm

The songs in folder Dax Riggs 2002-12-12 are the same as in folder T-Daks 2003-01-02. I have it listed as the latter. Dax fucks up in the last song (Where Is My Mind) and that's also where my version ends. The song in the Dax Riggs folder however continues with some more of the song. Nice find if I say so myself thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 1:29 pm

I'm gonna see if I can get matt over here and help with this mess lol... we for sure need to get together and find out who has what to share and get a full list of everything... he said he now has a server with unlimited bandwidth that hes gonna use for all things dax to download
Back to top Go down
Guardic

Guardic

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 3:21 pm

sickure wrote:
I noticed that most of the uploaded folders include a cover of some sorts. I'm pretty sure that some of them are fan made, so maybe they shouldn't be included? Otherwise people will assume those are the actual covers. I even think some of the titles are fan made.
For instance the Scream Of The Butterfly Demo. I just have it listed as Live Demo.
Or the Golgotha Demo (Wet Dreams Of The Insane). Is that a confirmed title? Fan made artwork?

I've made updates to my archives recently to kinda of rectify this and want to know what everyone thinks? Since there's so many fan made albums scattered about and I didn't really want to include them in the main part of the archives since they aren't really official, but fan made albums like Velvet Songs For Golden Skulls has been around for nearly 15 years and some of the other fan made albums and covers have been around almost as long. I didn't want to just remove them because technically the Comoland demo isn't an official album or demo. Hell, it's not even the correct name given to the recordings by the guy who recorded the demo. So what I thought about doing is make a separate section under each band titled: Fan Albums or Unofficial Albums or something similar and just organize, tag and put them in those folders.

As for the live shows having album art, that one is all my doing. I made the covers to easily show what show was playing (with the date and venue) and so that the person that recorded the show receives credit for recording it.

The shows/demos that we have that the details/info doesn't match and the ones with different dates but are the same show. Should we keep both recordings until a date can be confirmed by someone or are you certain your files are 100% correct? But I have no idea about quite a bit of the stuff in my archives as a lot of it has been given to me over the years, but when I find something is mislabeled or just plain wrong, I correct it. I have confirmed a good amount of recordings with people that either made the recording or was there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New old audio coming soon   New old audio coming soon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New old audio coming soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: