the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)

Go down 
+12
beercan
beautiful downgrade
ressha
doomtroll
gotiis
BigBrother
Pearls
Draugr
douse
HellfirE
Doomchild
mushroomleg
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) Empty
PostSubject: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:48 pm

i just discovered this band during my many visits to metal-archives.com.
they're a newer band from Sweden that dress like ghosts and their lead singer dresses like some version of a satanic pope. and... like the Residents and Ghoul: their identities are kept secret. (it might be a supergroup for all we know). anyway... they sound a lot like early mercyful fate/pagan altar with an almost pop-like sensibility. really really kool retro sounding stuff... thought i'd share them with you geeks and freaks:

http://www.myspace.com/thebandghost

if the future of metal is a revival of retro satan psychedelica, then sign me the-fuck up... :D
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:44 am

Totally weird and awesome disc! bang
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:49 am

I you dig that kinda stuff...

Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:36 am

hell yea.. this is awesome.. thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:44 am

I've been totally digging this shit lately. i checked them out after i read fenriz call them the best rock band in ages

its rumored to have a few members of watain as well
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:36 am

I also dig this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:55 pm

new ghost sukkas!

Last edited by sonorandose on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:18 pm

I saw them two nights in a row when they opened for Opeth and Mastodon. I liked the music.

At the end of one show when Opeth was playing, my friend looked up in one section of the balcony that had been empty for most of the night and saw several people now sitting. I didn't look very closely at them but my friend said maybe they were members of Ghost since nobody knew who they were or what they looked like lol .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:37 pm

horns

whats this wizardry Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) Crankey
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 am

pretty kool new ghost track.
thanks for the headsup!
Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Couple covers...I'm sure you all already know about them.

Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:24 am

The Beatles one is great. horns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 am

yeahthat
Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:37 pm

In love with the beatles cover. I have to listen to it at least 5 times a day.

Has anyone seen their music video for Year Zero? Warning there are boobies in it. And a cock at the end.
http://www.vevo.com/watch/ghost-bc/year-zero-explicit/USUV71300503
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Most of the vids don't work fo Germany. Yay! And I don't feel like suffering through the sloth of my vpn connection. Maybe tomorrow, I'll try again, when Americans are asleep. :D
Back to top Go down
gotiis

gotiis

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 pm

I 1st listened to this band last summer. 7 out of 10 for me. Great live band.
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:14 pm

An article regarding the recent name change for legal reasons and it has a link to stream their new album:

http://loudwire.com/ghost-never-call-ourselves-ghost-b-c/
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:13 pm

I've been listening to this all day trying my best to ignore my one-hit-wonder assumptions.
so far its a kool album, definitely not as heavy as the first LP and theres not that many memorable riffs, but the keyboards and bass sound good... the lyrics are satanic as heck as well. I can see a lot of metalheads hating it. its probably gonna be one of those albums I listen to once a week. the ABBA worship is at full force.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:22 pm

was watching an interview with a member of ghost earlier, pretty sure its akerfeldt

there was also a ghost, opeth, and mastodon tour a few years ago. I bet he did double duty. maybe this is another reason he quit bloodbath, makes perfect sense
Back to top Go down
Pearls
Pearls

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 pm

The hands look a little different to me. Also...April 18 Ghost is playing Denver, CO and Opeth is playing in Buffalo, NY. No way Akerfeldt will be able to pull off being in two places so far away on the same night.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:34 pm

im pretty sure these guys are ghost
Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) SubVision+l_391a9f7b648d78d865a0e9f90875
Back to top Go down
BigBrother

BigBrother

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Why not? Read it wrong. Could very well be. I don't think we'll know for a while.

Streaming the new album here:
http://pitchfork.com/advance/67-infestissumam/
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 am

I love the new album. I might even like it better than the first one.
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:29 am

the more I listen to this the more I love it.
the melodies have been stuck in my head all day.
zombie queen is fuckin awesome.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 9:29 am

That's also my favorite track so far. horns
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)   Ghost.  (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost. (classic modern satanic/psychedelic/MWBHM)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next