HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devin Townsend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tjstraker

tjstraker

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Anyone here a fan of his? Strapping Young Lad, Inifinity, etc? ( I put etc cuz he has so many damn albums i don't want to type them all out, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devin_Townsend_discography ). I, personally, am a HUGE fan of Devin's work aside from his ambient stuff, since that doesn't do anything for me. But everything else is truly godlike in my eyes, in recent years he has become my all time favorite musician since he sings, plays, writes, produces, I mean look at Ziltoid The Omniscient, that album was done by him in its entirety!!!
Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:40 pm

I dig most of his stuff
Back to top Go down
tjstraker

tjstraker

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:48 pm

I like to listen to his stuff on shrooms, like "solar winds" & "hyperdrive" back to back, it blows my mind.
Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

i like to climb trees on shrooms metal
Back to top Go down
tjstraker

tjstraker

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 pm

If i tried that i'd end up breaking my damn neck haha, i could barely muster up the strength to put out one of my smokes last time.
Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:06 pm

I actually have never listened to anything DT whilst tripping
Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:07 pm

seems like terria would give off good vibes
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:24 pm

That Ziltoid album was mint. horns
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:27 pm

yeah big fan here. been listening to strapping alot lately, city is absolutley phenominal. my favorite dtb album is accelerated evolution. addicted was cool and i can't wait to hear deconstruction...
Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:32 pm

horns addicted is an awesome album
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 pm

"Love" has one of the greatest riffs of all time. bang
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f20L0msLsM

my fav devin/syl track :drums:
Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:05 pm

banrock
its rockin
Back to top Go down
tjstraker

tjstraker

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm

glad to hear DT has plenty of fans here. My fav album has to be "City". But like i said, i like it all. He's been a large influence on my guitar playing.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:09 pm

the part that starts around 2:53 is godlike bananallama
Back to top Go down
tjstraker

tjstraker

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Deconstruction is the upcoming twelfth studio album by Canadian musician Devin Townsend, and the third of four planned albums in The Devin Townsend Project series. Deconstruction will be the heaviest of Townsend's solo work to date. Townsend describes the album as having a central theme about some people's obessive love of heavy metal music, this being inspired by fans constantly pestering him to make a heavy record: Townsend stated in an interview that in response to the more subdued Ki there's a whole network of people that are like, "No no no no no! We only want heavy music, we only want chaotic music, we only want devilish, horrible, destructive music".

That part in bold made me laugh, I'm one of those people haha, but I do love Ki and Addicted and those albums aren't super heavy.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:44 am

Send me some douse. I will give it another go.
Back to top Go down
whitewhaleholygrail

whitewhaleholygrail

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 pm

been on a major Devin Townsend kick lately - SYL stuff is my favorite but love his solo stuff as well - absolutely great stuff to play at max volume driving - so many intricate parts - and he does this sonic boom bass sound once in a while that rattles every panel in the car

love how this song builds up quietly into a crushing epic riff

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Devin Townsend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Townsend   Devin Townsend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Unrelated Bands-
Jump to: