This is old news... I know but...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

This is old news... I know but... Empty
PostSubject: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:20 am

After searching far and wide, I finally have gotten my hands on some Santeria. Holy shit. I am really glad it is as awesome as it is, otherwise the long hunt for it wouldnt have been worth it. They are awesome. I need more music like this. Its totally in the same vein as Dax... but different enough to have its own style. Anyone have any more suggestions?

I am still looking for Black Bajou Construkt, and Brother Dege's solo shit.
Back to top Go down
PaEGaN

PaEGaN

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:11 pm

why dont you try buying the albums and help support them
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:38 pm

I do buy albums. I usually try to buy them from the artists directly though.
Just because I like to hear a band before I buy their shit doesn't mean I don't buy albums, or support them.

Settle down.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:37 pm

http://www.officialsanteria.com/
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:20 pm

I don't order anything online. I don't have credit cards, pay pal, etc. I don't even have a debit card or checking account. If I am going to get something from the internet, I will have my friend get it and I pay him for it.

I am a full time student, I work full time for close to minimum wage and barely get by living paycheck to paycheck. When I have any extra cash, I buy CD's and other merch. I don't think it matters that I download music if I am buying a hard copy of it as well. When I listen to music, I listen to the downloaded version so I don't fuck up the discs or records. And once it is downloaded, I don't share it. There is nothing wrong with that.

I shouldn't have to explain myself. But for the record, I have bought multiple copies of all official releases that Dax has put out simply because I want to show my support. That also goes for all bands I really love. But whatever, assume what you want.
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:42 pm

its all good man.. i hear ya. it's just, of all places to talk about downloading an indie bands stuff, you picked here.. a lot of us respect santeria and what they do.. and we know what they go through as a band to survive.. you can go download bands like metallica, green day etc all day long and we could care less.. cause those fucks are gonna get their money anyways.
but indie/unsigned bands go through a lot just to pay for their gas, gear and essentials a band needs just to play.. every album sale counts.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm

I know what goes into it. I am a musician myself, doing it all myself, with what little money I have. I understand. Music is my everything. That is why I commit myself to playing in multiple bands at any given time, as well as starting my own record label. Downloading the music of an independent musician is like fucking with his/her livelihood, which is why I don't do that without also buying it.

I don't understand why this turned into the assumption that I am downloading Santeria. I didn't say anything about downloading in my initial post. I'm not trying to argue, but I am kinda insulted that you guys seem to think I am just stealing their music, and not giving a shit about the artists. I do buy the CD's, t-shirts, records, pay to go to the shows, etc. So why the hostility?
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Wait... maybe this is a misunderstanding..

In my initial post, I was only trying to say that I really enjoy Santeria now that I finally heard them, and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for bands, or artists that sounded similar, or played that style of music that I should check out. I had already been told to get BBC and Dege's solo stuff. I just thought if anyone knew of similar artists to check out, it would be people here. I wasn't asking for someone to share the albums.

I hope this clears this all up. I sometimes have a hard time putting my thoughts into words and what I say gets taken differently than what I meant, and I don't understand why I get the reaction I did because I meant it differently... blah blah. You get it.

If that is the case, and what I wrote was misunderstood, then I apologize. I wasn't trying to kick shit up in here. I hope you see where I was coming from. I not only see where you are coming from, but I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Its cool man. A reason some of us got sore is that Primo used to post fairly regular at the old Circus and some of us still keep in contact with him. Primo is mint. horns
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Nice. I just don't want anyone thinking I am like that cause I'm not.

But back to the original question at hand....

What other bands/musicians would you recommend that are similar to Santeria, Dax, etc.?
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:28 pm

lol2 its cool

you should start with checking out all the bands/artist that dax covers.. there is good reason he covers their tunes horns
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:06 pm

I have listened to most of the artists that Dax has covered. They're sweet. Last time I talked to Dax he introduced me to Julian Cope, Robyn Hitchcock, and Peter Hammill.

Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

hey how about Townes Van Zandt?? dude's GENIUS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is old news... I know but...   This is old news... I know but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is old news... I know but...
Page 1 of 1