KimmieRae70
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

dax fans that are obsessed with old shit Empty
PostSubject: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Maybe it's just me but i get highly annoyed at folks who post shit on dax's page about how much they love acid bath, deadboy, or whatever.
To me, that's kinda like telling Rembrandt how awesome his childhood finger paintings were.

Whatta y'all think?

scratch
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:43 pm

soooo, I'm guessing the 8 people who looked at this but didn't reply are the ones who post shit on dax's page about how much they love acid bath and deadboy? LMAO shrug
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:41 am

Maybe they/we/I don't post shit, but love Deadboy and Acid Bath.
I love his recent and new stuff, but the triple crown for me is ITIHIL, PTT and AOO. Putting them on a level with finger paintings (albeit of the insane) is kinda insulting.
This is like saying Metallica's "Master Of Puppets" is like a finger painting compared to the master piece that is "Death Magnetic". no
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:20 am

I agree with you to a certain extent, Kim, but I agree with Doomchild more, I think. For being childhood finger paintings, those Acid Bath albums hold up really really well 15 years later, especially PTT, which is probably my favorite Dax album still. Clearly, yes, he's moved on from those days, so if those songs are all that someone wants to hear from Dax, then yeah, they should probably move on also. But if someone's a Dax fan, what's wrong with telling him you're a fan of all his projects? I'm sure he's still quite proud of the work he's done, and as someone who loves Say Goodnight more than any Dax album but PTT maybe, I'd go absolutely nuts to hear him play Hangman's Daughter or Wither nowadays. Alice in Chains still play songs from Facelift, and they wrote that album back in their fingerpainting days. Maybe the level of sophistication isn't there on Facelift or When the Kite String Pops that is on the newer albums, but I don't see anything wrong with embracing someone's entire career. After all, it was those older albums that made fans of most of us in the first place, right? But yeah, I don't really want to hear people call out for Cassie Eats Cockroaches at a Dax Riggs show, either.

Also, to me, Deadboy shouldn't count as one of those old projects. It's part of his current incarnation in my mind. Maybe not the ITIH stuff, but he's been playing Stop, I'm Already Dead since what - 2003? - and doesn't he still play other stuff from We Are Night Sky? Plus, how many tracks from WSOOBOL were debuted as Deadboy songs?

This is a longer reply than I intended to write. Short version: people stuck in the 90's should move on, but all of Dax's projects are awesome, and nothing wrong with saying so!
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:25 am

very well said, fellas. I see your point. not sure why it bugs me so. (and you KNOW I love all and I mean ALL of Dax's incarnations) I'm just not gonna ask him on his FB where I can find copies of the stuff. I get the impression from the man himself that he has moved on and doesn't like to dwell upon his previous projects (as evidenced by his reluctance/refusal to play said material) ehhhh. whatevs! I think I was particularly bitchy yesterday maybe.. I know. SHOCKING. lol

oh btw Brent, I was talking to Anna yesterday and it looks like we'll be seeing each other at the Earl in a couple months! WHOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 pm

They only problem I have is with people who haven't bought his albums and yet claim to love him and also the constant random prick yelling "Dead Girl" at his shows.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:21 pm

I like his entire catalog
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:31 pm

You and me both... horns
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:59 am

just play some older deadboy songs. heart of green only has 4 chords for peet'sake...
Back to top Go down
musick

musick

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Can you imagine almost 20 years later a guy is still yelling "Dead Girl" at Dax's shows. One of the best bootlegs ever (06-04-2010, taped by Adam) has a guy yelling dead girl the whole time, and Dax even ascknowledges it at one point.

He goes "That's what she said" LOL

Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 5:23 am

lol
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Someone will always yell Dead Girl at Dax shows. To be honest, I would rather hear some drunk hesher yelling Dead Girl, than "Freebird!" lol
deadhorse
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:36 pm

hell yeah! HAHAHHA!
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:39 pm

doomtroll wrote:
I like his entire catalog

As do I, man! I'm not saying I don't! rabbit
Back to top Go down
theantispiritoftime

theantispiritoftime

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:49 pm

I love it ALL :)
Back to top Go down
wormhoney

wormhoney

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:56 am

It's all terrific.
Back to top Go down
DiamondEyes

DiamondEyes

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:09 pm

At one show some dick was yelling "bones of babydolls!" and Dax goes, "i smoked them all this morning..." it was hilarious. wasnt expecting that...
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:27 pm

lol2 horns
Back to top Go down
wormhoney

wormhoney

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:17 pm

DiamondEyes wrote:
At one show some dick was yelling "bones of babydolls!" and Dax goes, "i smoked them all this morning..." it was hilarious. wasnt expecting that...

hahahahahhahahahah badass
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Everything that I have heard Dax play, has been amazing. I don't understand why people gotta hate on the man for wanting to write and play new songs. Damn haters.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:50 pm

Silly Humans.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 pm

I agree though...even songs I don't really like when he covers them still rule when he does them. lol2
Did that make sense?
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Like Aeroplane Over the Sea?
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 pm

No I mean a few songs he covers I don't really like(comparatively) his cover but I still like it.
Like "Wall of Death" and "lungs" and "Wave of Mutilation".
Not my favorite covers he has done but I still like it all.
blunt
Back to top Go down
ThyDemise

ThyDemise

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:00 am

there are few songs i dislike as much as wall of death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dax fans that are obsessed with old shit
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next