Doomchild
KimmieRae70
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 7:30 pm

There are songs Dax has done that I like less than others, obviously, but I think the only one that I flat out dislike is Wall of Death. Ugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

i really enjoy his rendition of 'lungs'
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 pm

I agree... I thing Wall of Death is my least favorite. I like Dax's version of Aeroplane Over The Sea more than Neutral Milk Hotels version.

Lungs, I think is a great cover.

I think my favorite might be Night Comes On.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 am

if i were dax i'd probably want to concentrate on my new stuff. but then if i were dax i'd probably just sit around singing to myself with my awesome voice and masturbating. arr

i personally like some of his old bands better than his solo stuff but technically they ARE old bands.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:55 am

Wall Of Death is definitely better by Richard Thompson. And i'd have to say Lungs is better by Townes. But i LOVE his cover of that Mickey Newburry song.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:44 pm

devils wrote:
if i were dax i'd probably want to concentrate on my new stuff. but then if i were dax i'd probably just sit around singing to myself with my awesome voice and masturbating. arr

~snicker~
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 pm

FormalinDance wrote:
Everything that I have heard Dax play, has been amazing. I don't understand why people gotta hate on the man for wanting to write and play new songs. Damn haters.

agreed! I mean like the old stuff better if you want, but to bring that to HIS attention is just rude in my opinion.

And I may stand alone when I say I LOVE Wall of Death!
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:18 pm

devils wrote:
i LOVE his cover of that Mickey Newburry song.
Wish I Was, or Just Dropped In? I love them both. Anybody know of any other Mickey Newbury covers he has mastered?
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:04 am

devils wrote:
but then if i were dax i'd probably just sit around singing to myself with my awesome voice and masturbating. arr
Versus when you are Pam and you just listen to his awesome voice masturbating. lol2
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:09 am

lol
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:10 pm

devilmatt wrote:
devils wrote:
but then if i were dax i'd probably just sit around singing to myself with my awesome voice and masturbating. arr
Versus when you are Pam and you just listen to his awesome voice masturbating. lol2

Ahahahaha :D
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 am

I love the tights...
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:30 am

yeahthat
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Bawww, thanks. cat
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:19 pm

beautiful downgrade wrote:
devils wrote:
i LOVE his cover of that Mickey Newburry song.
Wish I Was, or Just Dropped In? I love them both. Anybody know of any other Mickey Newbury covers he has mastered?

Just Dropped In. i love that song anyway but he rocks it.

Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:19 pm

devilmatt wrote:
devils wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
damn, matt, got me there!!! lol2 banana
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 am

lol
Back to top Go down
theantispiritoftime

theantispiritoftime

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 pm

doomtroll wrote:
I like his entire catalog

yeahthat
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 pm

devils wrote:
devilmatt wrote:
devils wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
damn, matt, got me there!!! lol2 banana

I would love to be a fly in the room if you ever tell dax you masterbate to his music..

lmao
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 pm

lol2
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 pm

FormalinDance wrote:
Someone will always yell Dead Girl at Dax shows. To be honest, I would rather hear some drunk hesher yelling Dead Girl, than "Freebird!" lol
deadhorse

lol2 may the gods help us all.

i love all his stuff but i certainly wouldn't even ask him about past bands. for one thing he was a kiddie then and people change and also he's going in a whole nother direction.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:31 pm

BrentVegas wrote:
There are songs Dax has done that I like less than others, obviously, but I think the only one that I flat out dislike is Wall of Death. Ugh.

i'm glad i'm not the only one. i skip that song all the time whistle
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

richard does it better. :)
Back to top Go down
michelle

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:38 am

I am just obsessed thumbsup i love it when i find an old song of his i haven't heard but keep the new music coming giddy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:38 pm

I'd be disappointed if there is no-one shouting Dead Girl at a Dax show  rofl 

I like his version of Wall of Death very much, but I haven't listened to the original.

And I am too obsessed with his old stuff. If This is Hell is timeless. But I also just as much like Say Goodnight which by now is also old  :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dax fans that are obsessed with old shit   dax fans that are obsessed with old shit - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dax fans that are obsessed with old shit
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next