Draugr
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:21 am

Dax did a Daytrotter session! I hate 99% of the bands they do but the quality is always crazy good...

From the website...
"We think of the title of that previous record that Dax Riggs put out before his latest, "Say Goodnight To The World," as the cursor for much of the philosophy and thinking that the Texas songwriter does. The title of that album is, "We Sing Of Only Blood Or Love," and it speaks even to some of the basic laws of literature, suggesting that there are no new premises for story arcs or plots, but some very used and worn skeletons that all of the meat is thrown onto. You've got that idea - a beginning and an end and right in the middle somewhere, there needs to be some sort of conflict that has to be overcome to get us around the bend or over the hill to that ending, happily or unhappily. The stories are about love and hate and life and death, all of them mixed together in a volatile cocktail of intrigue and suspense. Riggs' title boils it all down even more, to a precise point, leading us to believe that anything worth singing about, anything worth giving a damn about has to do with that thick, red train motoring through us, the body that it's housed in and all of the euphoria and tragedy that we allow to sneak into it, to cloud it up, make it race faster or slow down to a sluggish crawl.

It seems that Riggs deals with his mortality the way a gravedigger might, with a shrug that could be implied as the most understated form of understanding that there is. They have no choice but to comprehend the finality of all of this when they're shoving a spade into the cold dirt, creating a sizable enough hole for a rigid and lifeless man or woman to lie in until they're no longer even there - they're missing, altogether. It's a recognition of the somber travels that we all make and the somber conversations that we carry on within our heads when no one else is around and all you hear are the frogs croaking at night, off in the distance, as you sit like a stunned, but awake lump. A line from "See You All In Hell Or New Orleans," the final song on "Say Goodnight To The World," an album that offers us doses of his bluesy, roots stomp, but also delivers touching, psychedelic vigils such as "You Were Born To Be My Gallows," has Riggs singing, "And when our hearts are drunk with sound/We cry like we're bout to die or just been born," and there may be no better description of our souls at those two similar, yet drastically different confirmations that there is a front and back to life's wick that will always catch us by some form of surprise. And to that we sing."

horns
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:25 am

lol2

Forgot the most important part...The Download Link!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wz7f3qslkk17pl0
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:28 am

Dudn't work. :|
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:44 am

http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/dax-riggs-concert/20054659-110851.html

Should be able to get it from there. I especially like the artwork. And it sounds great, too (of course). Thanks for the heads up, sir!
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:50 am

Yeah, I didn't want to sign up there.
Back to top Go down

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:29 am

lol2
horns thanks
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:32 am

Ha! I just went ahead and fixed Draugr's link. horns
Winning!

Last edited by Doomchild on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 am

I went ahead and signed up there....DL'ed some cool Cris Kirkwood shit...haven't explored fully, but looks aight..
but Dax's sesh was kickass...LOVE the Death Ain't Got No Mercy!
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:20 pm

SUPER COOL Draugr baby!!!!   good looking out.   horns horns  horns  horns  horns  arr
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Doomchild wrote:

I have a real email address, and one that I use to sign up for junk like that, so I don't mind. I'll never see anything else from them again.

KimmieRae70 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:42 pm

horns
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Mmm, love it!
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Yeah man. Great session. I wish it couldve been a bit longer but, I love it regardless! :)

bang
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:23 pm

I super dig it.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:38 pm

Indeed
Back to top Go down
musick

musick

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:03 am

burn this on CD with the HearYa sessions and you got a very decent live EP.
Back to top Go down
skully

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:44 pm

thanks matty
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:34 am

BrentVegas wrote:
Doomchild wrote:

I have a real email address, and one that I use to sign up for junk like that, so I don't mind. I'll never see anything else from them again.

KimmieRae70 wrote:

+1
THAT'S WHAT I DO! it's very convenient,
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:34 am

musick wrote:
yay, finally got a new computer and i can burn discs like crazy! arr
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:16 am

musick wrote:
thumbsup It's funny you say that...I did it the first night for the drive to work.. horns
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:17 am

skully wrote:
thanks matty
horns No problem skully. I wish you would whore it up like back in the day...

and we actually met in real life!!
It's a bummer you were sick that night...
Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:41 am

Whoa. this is fucking great.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:42 am

I would love nothing more than for him to do a whole set in this format. The Hear Ya and Daytrotter are both flawless examples of how good he is live. Dude just kills.
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:37 pm

Dax is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daytrotter session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daytrotter session   Daytrotter session I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daytrotter session
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Board with no Name :: Music :: Riding the Worm-
Jump to: