the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!

Go down 
+4
liquidblue4
beautiful downgrade
The Loach
KimmieRae70
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:59 pm

So, check this out you guys:
As y'all know, I am catching Dax twice next week...Chapel Hill on Tuesday and Atlanta on Thursday. So I posted a reminder about the show on my FB this afternoon and my friend Robby, who does the booking for a couple of Raleigh clubs, comments that...hmmmmm...he noticed Dax had an open night in his schedule that Wednesday. He's like"wanna see Dax twice here?" and I'm all "uhhhhh HELL YEAH!" so he's like I'll contact his booking agency and letcha know.

He msged me about an hour ago and forwarded me the response from Dax's people. Basically it said, yeah they would play for $500 plus 70% of expenses. Now the DiveBar, where the Raleigh show would be, NEVER charges to get in. Ever. People aren't gonna pay to get in there. It's predominantly a metal bar and has tons of regulars, myself included. They *do* play Acid Bath a lot in there, though. And a few of my friends are as into Dax as I am...but not tons (I don't know what's wrong with people who don't 'get' Dax, but that's a whole 'nother thread....)

Anyhoo..here's what it boils down to: Robby said there's no way the Dive will put up $500 not knowing what they will get back. It *is* a wednesday night, after all....and they can't/won't charge admission....Robby said the bar will do $100 and he is willing to do $200 if I do the other $200, and that we will be reimbursed if the club makes their money. !!!!!!!!!

What do I do? What would y'all do?? Who on here is willing to go in with us to see Dax two nights in a row within a 20 mile radius of each other????!?!?! Ummmmmm...you can all fuckin stay at my place; I don't give a shit!! hahahaha

Samantha and Marshall: could you guys do 2 nights? and do you know anyone else who would be interested in this GRAND OPPORTUNITY??

Back to top Go down
The Loach

The Loach

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Find out if it's even possible to make that kind of money on a Weds. Is there any precedent for weekday shows? $200 can be a lot and then you gotta hope it doesn't wind up a 45 minute set.

If they don't charge at the door, do you have to make the $500 in drinks or what?
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:35 pm

yeah, basically. they pulled $900 last Friday for the Joe Buck show, and that was considered a bit of a bust...it wasn't that crowded. But it was Friday...IDK?!?! I would be willing to put the money up if I knew I could pack the place.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:45 pm

but Draugr...wasn't it you who said recently that you were at a show where there was like hardly anyone and you felt bad for the band? I don't wanna do *that* to them...plus lose money...they'd probably just rather have the damn day off...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm

i know people who dig dax, but i doubt they can afford to miss two days of work lol.

and honestly, unless i can find someone to watch my dog, we wont be able to make either show. or at least i wont make it thumbsdown

but if so, we definitely got some cash to throw down horns

Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:04 pm

ok...I'm putting out my feelers as we speak, and response is lukewarm at best. ~shrug~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:07 pm

yeah, im lame
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm

oh stop it! you are not lame, silly goose! But if you guys aren't able, I can't imagine any sometimey fans will be, nah mean? hmmm. well, I'll keep an eye on it for a day or so before I tell him yay or nay.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm

I have a cousin in Durham that is a Dax fan. Asked him if he was going to the show on the 10th but I haven't heard back yet.

edit: he is for sure going to the show on the 10th. Just told him of the possible show one the 11th.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:52 pm

thanks, girl!
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:11 pm

He said he could go to either show, but not both.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:14 pm

I sure hope you guys get to come to chapel hill at least! would love to see you!
Back to top Go down
liquidblue4

liquidblue4

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:13 pm

I'd love to do that...
unfortunately the Kent and Cleveland shows + trip, and then if i came to Chapel Hill and the other place, Show and trip expense... thats 4 Dax shows in like a week that i'm dropping money for.
so if theyre going to play there, then i'll try my best to come, but i can't afford anything else.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:49 am

i wish i had a fucking car! i'm laughing kimmie, not at you, but because i can relate to your problem. lol
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:06 am

Pam you should start out with a regular car, then work your way up to a fucking car ouch .
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:32 pm

good point sexy girlie!! okay, if a regular car falls from the sky, please fall near and not on me. lol (i can make it a fucking car.)
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:31 pm

We're definitely coming for the show on the 10th! We'll know tomorrow if well be able to pull off the 11th. Don't give up hope Kimmie!
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:37 pm

KimmieRae70 wrote:

Ummmmmm...you can all fuckin stay at my place; I don't give a shit!! hahahaha

Samantha and Marshall: could you guys do 2 nights? and do you know anyone else who would be interested in this GRAND OPPORTUNITY??

ouch ? There might be two other people coming with us, they're good people. One of them even used to live with us. The other is the Pirate Hippie arr
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:45 pm

BD have you ever met kimmie? she's awesome! way, waaaay fun. sexay, funny, and all around queen of the live shows. the show i saw was so fun cause i got to meet my friends! made my night really. daxy was just the cherry on top. (but god, what a cherry!!) :D :)
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:15 am

This will be our first meeting and I'm excited! horns
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:41 am

beautiful downgrade wrote:
Pam you should start out with a regular car, then work your way up to a fucking car ouch .

lol
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:05 am

It was super sad that hardly anyone showed for the Madison show recently Kimmie...
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:54 am

he was or was almost sold out at the birmingham show last year. i was shocked that that many people loved him here. (didn't think that many folk were hip to him here.) i've got plenty of time but not the cash or the transportation or else i'd do a bit of following him around. (heavy sigh.)
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:12 am

devilmatt wrote:
It was super sad that hardly anyone showed for the Madison show recently Kimmie...

yeah...see, that's what I was talking about. Don't wanna do that to the boys...no time to promote the show, so we decided to pass on it. I'm sure they will enjoy their day/night off anyways. Tomorrow night Chapel Hill!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! Really excited to meet some of you tmw!

Pammy, you're too kind. But you ain't foolin nobody. I know you don;t really wanna dance. You just wanna get in my pants. HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:30 am

KimmieRae70 wrote:

Pammy, you're too kind. But you ain't foolin nobody. I know you don;t really wanna dance. You just wanna get in my pants. HAHAHA

lol2 I JUST WANNA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!   ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON THE NC SHOW: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next