cosmicfreakout
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

Songs you want Dax to cover Empty
PostSubject: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:24 pm

songs that he's never covered before.

i think another acoustic guitar misfits cover would be awesome. also i think he should cover a roky erickson song, like 'don't slander me' or 'i walked with a zombie' would be dope.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:34 pm

RAKE!!! by townes van zandt. he would do that soooooo well and the lyrics would be perfect for him.

good thread. :)
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:44 pm

this would be interesting. i think he might pull this off quite well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Hey You, or any other floyd song for that matter
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:06 am

Comfortably Numb would rule.
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:34 am

More Nick Cave please. Almost any song will do. If he could find a good duet partner, Henry Lee would be pretty awesome. IMO.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:40 am

he can do Leonard Cohen too. (love LC's writing and songs but i can't handle his voice.)
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:42 am

Yeah, no one could argue with him doing more Leonard Cohen. I wouldn't mind going to a show where he played nothing but LC covers, actually.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:50 am

BrentVegas wrote:
Yeah, no one could argue with him doing more Leonard Cohen. I wouldn't mind going to a show where he played nothing but LC covers, actually.

that would be incredible!
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:43 am

this would be good. the pretty things (i know i posted it before but i just realized how dax could make that song more awesome.)

Last edited by devils on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:06 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm

a simple game - moody blues
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:24 pm

cosmicfreakout wrote:
songs that he's never covered before.

i think another acoustic guitar misfits cover would be awesome. also i think he should cover a roky erickson song, like 'don't slander me' or 'i walked with a zombie' would be dope.

YESSSSS! Any Roky would RULE. Don't Shake Me Lucifer jumps to mind.
Back to top Go down
sunken

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:24 am

my favourite bowie song, not a good recording though, there is a better one with just him on guitar

wait found it

http://www.mp3rocket.com/mp3/-1_00/David-Bowie-The-Wild-Eyed-Boy-From-Freecloud-rare-B-Side-version.htm

song really busts out midway
Back to top Go down
jody

jody

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:26 pm

The End: The Doors
Light My Fire: The Doors
Take It As It Comes: The Doors (although he's already done this one it was only once I can Recall)

Or anything by pink floyd or Roger Waters solo stuff would be great

and an acoustic ''Daxified'' version of System Of A downs Cigaro

and I could Totally see dax doing some Pearl Jam maybe Daughter grinno
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:34 pm

damn right horns
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:19 pm

st. james infirmary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzcpUdBw7gs
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:00 pm

ya i could totally see him singing songs by Floyd, The Doors, and Pearl Jam.

and a whole show of Dax doing Cohen covers would be awesome. horns

I honestly think at some point when Dax gets some writers block he should record an official studio (or live) album of nothing but covers. how great would that be?
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:05 pm

scaredsquee wrote:
st. james infirmary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzcpUdBw7gs
hmm interesting choice. horns never listened to much Louis Armstrong but listening to the song you posted now, i could easily imagine Dax singing this. I bet his voice would sound good with brass instruments.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:39 am

the subject matter of the song seems to fit in with his stuff, and he'd be able to sing the hell out of it. i'd love to hear him do old old blues stuff. shoulda told him that, but well.. don't remember much from that night metal
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:38 am

I like the Cohen idea. Because I hate most of the original versions of his songs. That's so stupid. The guy writes the most amazing songs and can't sing to save his life and layers everything with shitty keyboards. facepalm
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:06 am

scaredsquee wrote:
the subject matter of the song seems to fit in with his stuff, and he'd be able to sing the hell out of it. i'd love to hear him do old old blues stuff. shoulda told him that, but well.. don't remember much from that night metal
rofl

doomchild wrote:
I like the Cohen idea. Because I hate most of the original versions of his songs. That's so stupid. The guy writes the most amazing songs and can't sing to save his life and layers everything with shitty keyboards.
AMEN TO THAT!! clap
Back to top Go down
TheSDBSickness

TheSDBSickness

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:13 pm

I think it would be great if he covered Floyd's "Hey you", or (somewhat obscure, I know)
The fantastic and underrated "Bike". Okay, maybe I couldn't see him doing Bike, but Hey You, definately.

"Crystal Ship" by The Doors, would be awesome for him to cover.
And "Way To Blue" or "River Man" by Nick Drake would be fantastic!

Robert Johnson's "Hellhounds On My Trail" would be BADASS!!!
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:58 pm

thumbsup on the Robert Johnson!!!
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:28 pm

I second Nick Cave. I think Dax could make that stuff so much more spooky and weird. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs you want Dax to cover   Songs you want Dax to cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs you want Dax to cover
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next