Doomchild
jody
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jody

jody

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:34 pm

I think The Next Dax Album: should include the following tracks

Blackwave
Quiet Doom
13 Cannot Be Divided
Thing In A Jar
Filling Empty Holes
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea (NMH)
And maybe he could shock everyone by doing a revamped version of ''Venus Blue''
Back to top Go down

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:20 pm

i like it. I like it a lot.
only i'd add
Fly On The Eye Of The Lamb
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:17 pm

Ain't gonna happen. Though I'd like some of those too.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:17 pm

dax told me the next thing he wants to do for an upcoming album is an acoustic covers album. dunno how much truth there is to it though, because everyone was really drunk at that point. maybe though, who knows? shrug
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:11 pm

all acoustic cover album would be sick.

those would all be good choices jody. i remember hearing a live version of 13 cannot be divided that i liked alot, and i haven't listened to filling empty holes in a looong time, that's a great one.

Last edited by cosmicfreakout on Tue May 10, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:21 pm

As much as I like the list in the original post, i'd LOVE an acoustic cover album. A lot of his covers are what drew me in as a fan.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Add My Hear Awakes Screaming and Death aint got no Mercy
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Draugr wrote:
Add My Hear Awakes Screaming and Death aint got no Mercy

banrock
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:31 pm

my heart awakes screaming is such a fucking gem!! i'd love to hear a studio cut of it.
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:07 am

Out of everything listed so far, the only two that I'd really like to hear studio version of are My Heart Awakes, and 13 Cannot Be Divided.

Everything else, I'm pretty satisfied with the versions we already have. Especially when we're talking about the older Deadboy stuff like Fly on the Eye, Filling Empty Holes, and Thing in a Jar. Some of those recordings are great, and it's so far beyond the moment that he created them that I seriously doubt any new version would be an improvement at this point. I'm actually really satisfied with the Maxwell's 02/08 version of 13 Cannot Be Divided also, but that was about the time he was playing early versions of Sleeping With the Witch and I Hear Satan, and the studio versions of those were better than the early acoustic tunes, imo, so I'd like to hear what he might do with 13.

Other than that, the only older song I'd kind of like to hear an updated version of is Soul of a Beercan. Mostly, though, I hope the next album is full of stuff that we haven't heard at all yet. Brand new Dax tunes, please!

Oh yeah...I hope this happens sometime in the next year, too, would be nice...
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:56 am

now everyone knows how much i love me some dax, but...i want him to fucking rock his balls off again! just once (lying, twice at least) would be super. i love acoustic music and it would be great to hear him do that it's just...i don't know, maybe i'm up too late or the percocet hasn't worn off, or... well, you get the idea. i'm now listening to Acid Bath (which in the past i thought i hated, shudder) and i'd love to see him do a live show LIKE THAT.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:42 am

You're gonna be yelling 'Dead Girl' the next time you see him then? :P
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:03 am

Doomchild wrote:
You're gonna be yelling 'Dead Girl' the next time you see him then? :P
I MAY DO JUST THAT. :D (lying again...unless i'm super wasted, which i try to avoid when i'm going to see him. for obvious reasons.)
naww, i'm not gonna be "that girl"... lol2
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

wouldn't it be hilarious (and lame within the dax community, admittedly, but this is just for fun, see?) for me to play Dead Girl at my cremation thingy. lol if i have any family left they would be suitably horrified. (no even they would shake their heads.) i love the lyrics though, i must admit. and if i'm in the right mood i wouldn't be too proud to ask dax to play it live. so if you get that recorded then "HA!" doom baby!

sunny
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:40 pm

actually if i'm dying in the hospital i would probably play this on repeat until i croaked. cause maybe i AM "that girl". lol
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:37 am

dax should hookup with some steady contributing musicians so that he may focus more on his lyrics and vocal melodies... ?
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:54 pm

yeahthat

good point
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:59 pm

i agree! sunny
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:50 pm

it will be interesting to see what he does. I gotta tell ya though, he is really loving what he's doing right now and I don't think he's gonna stop anytime soon. They are a pretty tight knit group, these 3.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:36 am

they put on such a great fucking show, both nights i saw them they were just so fantastic.

dax put up with annoying people like a champ. some drunk chick was asking him if he was named after some star trek character. rob was ready to punch her out because she kept spilling beer all over us, they eventually got sick of our death stares and went back to the bar area. you could tell how uncomfortable dax was after that, but he got over it. i wanted to kick some cunts, but i also didn't want to be kicked OUT of the place, either. so death stares it was shrug

i hate people who shout shit during the show. its like, "fuck you, he's not doing dead girl, get out of my face you dumb cunt."
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:56 am

scaredsquee wrote:
they put on such a great fucking show, both nights i saw them they were just so fantastic.

dax put up with annoying people like a champ. some drunk chick was asking him if he was named after some star trek character. rob was ready to punch her out because she kept spilling beer all over us, they eventually got sick of our death stares and went back to the bar area. you could tell how uncomfortable dax was after that, but he got over it. i wanted to kick some cunts, but i also didn't want to be kicked OUT of the place, either. so death stares it was shrug

i hate people who shout shit during the show. its like, "fuck you, he's not doing dead girl, get out of my face you dumb cunt."
dax really impressed me by being completely laid back. pictures didn't bother him, hell nothing did. i don't think we had any super obnoxious folk there though. it was a good crowd really.
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties
douse

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:48 am

I dont even know who dax plays with anymore
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:28 am

i know there's this guy who wears the Don't Steal My Toot (or something like that) shirt. lol

hey, is he playing with the same people everywhere he goes this tour or does he switch them up?
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:02 am

In between songs my dunk ass yelled I love you Dax ouch . He replied, I love you all cheer .

Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:28 am

Douse and Divils: yes, he plays with the same guys everytime, and they are the cats who played on SGTTW, minus Julian, who played lead on the record. Drums = Charley Siess and Bass = Kevin Fitzsimmons...they are roommates...along with Heston, who is handling the merch on this leg of the tour. They want to basically just live on the road, so we should all have ample opportunities to see them in the coming months! YAY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Dax Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Dax Album   Next Dax Album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Dax Album
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next