the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??

Go down 
+32
jenX
The Tekro.mancer
tewn
luh_3417
venusblue
mushroomleg
SanitaryRefuse
jomical
monicahebert
*☽motherofnight☾*
HellfirE
Doomchild
xionicpulse
DeadDaisy
beercan
bigbeezy
Godless667
perfectdreamingskull
Sheik Yerbouti
Dr. Blotter
Mortality
Sicklysweet
Cracka Lacka
blackwizard
Draugr
optimistic-pessimist
chris_hookey
myster6
noelle
beautiful downgrade
majindrizzt
KimmieRae70
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Godless667
Not Quite the Antichrist
Godless667

Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Right now it's definitely Sleeping With The Witch (I can't get it out of my head!) Like Moonlight's a close second.
Back to top Go down
bigbeezy

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:27 pm

I'm not sure if I have a favorite. I guess maybe I'll See You All in Hell or New Orleans.

at first I was disappointed by its more laid back vocal approach compared to live, but really its great. the instrumental aspect of it is excellent. The whole vibe of the song for me really captures the pre-show vibe of being downtown to see a Dax show

beautiful downgrade wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
beautiful downgrade wrote:
So I've listened to the album repeatedly since this thread started and I am still no closer to an answer. I may never know grinno

Yeah, I think my favorite is whichever one I'm listening to at the time.
Exactly

yeah this

[MOD-EDIT] combined double post - HellfirE
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:00 am

Heartbreak Hotel so far
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:08 am

god, the vocals on HH are to live and die for
Back to top Go down
Cracka Lacka

Cracka Lacka

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Wednesday it was I Hear Satan; yesterday it was Say Goodnight to the World; today it's See You All in Hell or New Orleans. Thoroughly satisfied with this album. The high-pitched sighs he sings in See You All in Hell (from 3:20 'til the ending) are un-fucking-real. If his voice was a drug, I would've mainlined it years ago.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:08 pm

@PDS and Godless: "like moonlight" is uber dreamy...~deep sigh~
Back to top Go down
DeadDaisy

DeadDaisy

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 pm

I've had "Heartbreak Hotel" in my head all day long.
Back to top Go down
perfectdreamingskull

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:19 pm

sleeping with a witch now
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:33 pm

perfectdreamingskull wrote:
sleeping with a witch now
horns
Back to top Go down
xionicpulse

xionicpulse

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 pm

..'Matt', your siggie reminds me of a bunch of hardcore bananas on galloping penis-horses..

..which I'm sure was your original intention. So..er..Kudos on that.

..(on topic)

..today's favorite is 'Let Me Be Your Cigarette'.
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Behemoth Viking Warlord
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:10 am

I send out my army of cocks to conquer the Earth...
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:01 am

Awesome song title, Matt!
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 am

if i had to pick just one... it would probably be Sleeping with the witch.. its real catchy.
Back to top Go down
*☽motherofnight☾*

*☽motherofnight☾*

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:48 am

i'm partial to gravedirt for some reason... i also like born to be my gallows very much.
it all sounds good to me tho blunt
Back to top Go down
monicahebert

monicahebert

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:51 pm

NO ONE IS A STRANGER; CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD ;)
Back to top Go down
jomical

jomical

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:14 pm

monicahebert wrote:
NO ONE IS A STRANGER; CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD ;)

ditto.
Back to top Go down
xionicpulse

xionicpulse

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:49 pm

.."-Gallows" has most certainly fit my mood, the day/night before seeing him live. I'm probably the only stubborn bastard that consciously refused to hear any live recordings of songs that were going to be on the newest album. When I read so many others' comments about how the live version of this or that was better than the album-version, it brings a giddy feeling to my heart.

..woo! My first Dax show since the Indianapolis Deadboy (Tess era)! I'm beyond fuckin' stoked..I'll prolly' be arrested for creeping out the other people standing in line..

..(*edited for grammar*)
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 am

@Xio: he hasn't played "Gallows" either of the past 2 nights....I'm really hopin' he will tonight!
Back to top Go down
HellfirE
old corpse
HellfirE

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:12 am

KimmieRae70 wrote:
@Xio: he hasn't played "Gallows" either of the past 2 nights....I'm really hopin' he will tonight!
you should ask them to play it
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

yeah...you're right..a couple of us were suggesting it when he came out to do his encore last night, but he did "moonlight" instead. I should totally ask them before the show tonight. he's done "lungs" both nights, though...and man, was that a treat! talked to Charley and Julian for a while last night...good dudes.
Back to top Go down
SanitaryRefuse

SanitaryRefuse

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:38 am

Obviously my answer is almost the same as everyone else's in that i can't choose a favourite, and if i do, it changes. I can give a small list of Say Goodnight, I Hear Satan, Cigarette, and See You All in Hell. The only 2 tunes I don't really like (as much as the others, not saying i DISLIKE them) are like moonlight and sleeping with the witch. Can't put Stranger at the top of my list just because of all of the older versions of it which destroy the new one, though it is still pretty cool. And surprisingly, I never liked let me be your cigarette before. I have tons of versions from when he started playing it until now and never really dug it, but now after hearing the cd, i really like it, but i DO prefer the older versions, especially the ones where he was using open chords, added a lot of errieness to it, twas quite great.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:58 am

I love that I can play this whole album in its entirety and enjoy every song. current fave: 'Say Goodnight'
Back to top Go down
mushroomleg

mushroomleg

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:38 pm

heartbreak bro-tel.
Back to top Go down
KimmieRae70
Snakecharmer
KimmieRae70

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:42 pm

hehehehe
Back to top Go down
venusblue

venusblue

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Sleeping with the Witch. for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??   Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soooo, what's yer favorite song on the new joint??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next