Admin
Doomchild
liatm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liatm

liatm

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:56 am

How many of you bought the new CD?

Last edited by liatm on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Not yet. But when I will, I'll take two. One is gonna be a present.
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:50 pm

That's nice of you to help them pay "the van running, the gas aflowing"
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Yeah. I read that one too. Seems like a good time to order some stuff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:16 am

i have not
Back to top Go down
liatm

liatm

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:32 am

I was wondering if a lot of bands at their area do that kind of music
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Gonna go see Dege next week. :D horns
Excited!
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:21 pm

arr 
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:08 pm

I really wanna get the new one. Is it awesome?
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:45 am

The new album was actually my most anticipated release of the year. After listening to it for a month, I feel about it the same that I did after listening to it the first time -- good record, but doesn't really compare to Folk Songs of the American Longhair. If I were to make a compilation of the ten best songs from both albums, probably eight of them would come from that first record. Having said that, it's still one of my top 5 albums of the year, no doubt. Definitely got my money's worth, and I'm always happy to support Dege. I hope everyone here will do the same.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 7:27 am

Most definitely. horns

The new one has some more facettes to it which the first didn't. Evolution and stuff, more of a band vibe now, I dig it.

I was super-stoked to see him last month. And the gig was great but super-short though. In retrospect that still really bums me out. Tickets were 25,- €, and he only got to play like half an hour or so, if even that.

Set:
House of the Dying Sun
Girl Who Wept Stones
Hard Roe to Hoe
To Fill a Hole
Too Old to Die Young

It was a little festival kinda deal, so he had the middle slot out of three.
The audience was so not right for his kinda stuff. I was there early, and the more people got in, the more I realised I might end up being among the youngest five people there. I talked to him briefly afterwards, and he said not that many people seem 'to get it' meaning his songs and the trippy improv stuff.

But that alone wasn't what bummed me out after all, because it was still magic, finally witnessing something live I care so much about. The fact that I couldn't afford to go to a show some 150 miles from here, where he played 2 hours for 12,- €, was what made me sad. And I only learned about that one a week after the one I went to.

Shortly afterwards I recommended Dege to a local promoter in the hopes he might dig his stuff and get him to Cologne eventually. Because I really feel Dege needs a rock audience, and not a club of stuffy, stuck-up old-timey blues enthusiasts. Promoter said he didn't hear anything special there. So fuck that guy too! lol But Dege seriously needs to come to Cologne the next time.
Back to top Go down
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 8:26 am

Finally coming to town. Sounds like a last minute tour of the southeast with several dates TBD.http://mailchi.mp/d37f05a449aa/brother-dege-summer-us-tour?e=0c731422d3
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 8:47 am

Nice. horns

He's also coming to Germany quite frequently now. Seen him three times so far. arr
Back to top Go down
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Definitely plays more in Europe than here. Mostly Louisiana...and little po dunk cities where I can't believe anyone's even heard of him. Like waycross, GA... nothing there but the Okeefenokee swamp.
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 9:33 am

I was very saddened when I went to listen to Dege's new album today to find out that he died a week ago. I've been listening to him for 15 years, and he's been one of my favorites. Does anyone have any more info as to what happened?
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 5:50 pm

After posting my earlier question, I read Primos post, and unfortunately it sounds like maybe it was the worst. I never met Dege but he seemed like a good guy, and obviously was a hell of a musician. Rest in peace, Brother.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2024 1:27 pm

Yeah, that one hit me hard. I can't listen to the new record yet. It's a crying shame. Rest in peace, Dege.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brother Dege Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother Dege   Brother Dege I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brother Dege
Page 1 of 1