devils
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:00 am

so okay who's going to the birmingham show?? i want to see you all again, that's part of the fun. i may have talked DayAfterDeath to catch a bus to come down! :D (yes, i'm selfish and want all my friends there. lol
kimmie you'd better come and jen has no excuse not to! i'll have to admit i was starting to curse dax baby for not coming but a voodoo doll did the trick. i just kept dragging it around the place he' will be playing. (i'll leave off the part where i slept with it every night, heh.) but whatever, it was just a hunk of wax with a lock of his hair and a picture of his face glued on it. pearls arr arr

rofl
Back to top Go down

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am

lol2
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:29 am

lol2 Yay, you get to see Daxy again!
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Dax is coming to Pensacola too. cheers

I hope I can get off.... it figures that he comes to Pensacola when I move 2 hours away to Panama City. LOL.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:12 pm

FUUUUUUUUUuuuuu.... AND Panama City Beach!! I'm a happy kid right now!
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:03 pm

MelancholyVGS311 wrote:

I hope I can get off....

That's what she said. ouch
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:30 pm

clap
Back to top Go down
dayafterdeath
Kiltman
dayafterdeath

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:39 am

devils wrote:
i may have talked DayAfterDeath to catch a bus to come down!
gotta let me know about the bus station close to you. dont wanna get dropped off to far away lol. cant fucking wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:10 am

Maybe one day, probably years from now, Sonorandose and I can come to a Bham show. :)
Back to top Go down

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm

silas too twisted
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:23 pm

dayafterdeath wrote:
devils wrote:
gotta let me know about the bus station close to you. dont wanna get dropped off to far away lol. cant fucking wait!!!!

there's a bus station about five blocks away from me! will get you some info. you might could drive your new car though. and i live right off an interstate exit. (no, i'm not in the big box with the hobos.)
I'M SO EXCITED!! cheers
Back to top Go down
dayafterdeath
Kiltman
dayafterdeath

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:29 pm

devils wrote:
dayafterdeath wrote:
devils wrote:

there's a bus station about five blocks away from me! will get you some info. you might could drive your new car though. and i live right off an interstate exit. (no, i'm not in the big box with the hobos.)
I'M SO EXCITED!! cheers
My new car is fucked. Ill either take a bus or rent a car. Im going no matter what! lol
Back to top Go down
Song

Song

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:46 am

Will be in Birmingham on the 19th with the fiancee. Cannot friggin' wait.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:57 pm

I'll be at the Panama City show and the Pensacola show. I'm pretty excited too.

Apparently a lady I work with at my new store here in PC... her husband Ernie knows and has played with Dax. Not in any of Dax's past bands as far as I know.... I don't recognize him (not that I'd have to). Maybe he played with Dax as an opening band or has jammed with him, but either way it's pretty cool :)
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Are any of you going to be recording the shows you catch?
I have been checking all Dax-related sites about 3 times a day, just hoping that they have the new dates posted, and that at least one of the dates is near me. pray
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:27 am

I plan on recording the Pensacola and Panama City shows with my H2. Maybe something more... not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger
devils

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:22 am

Song wrote:
Will be in Birmingham on the 19th with the fiancee. Cannot friggin' wait.
yay! a new person to meet!! my cell phone is 205-915-5510, call me when you get into town!
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:44 am

Recorded the PCB show. I think it turned out very acceptable, especially considering it was poking out of my pocket and I was behind people, but my ears are still muffled from being so close to the speakers. :)
Back to top Go down
FormalinDance
Strange Soul
FormalinDance

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 am

WOO HOO!!! Cant wait to hear it! Thanks Melancholy!
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:20 am

Auto Gain Control (AGC 1) on the H2 is garbage. I tried it out on the Pensacola show tonight since I figured it would be the same setlist anyway, which it was, and it's nauseating listening to the recording :( Shame because the sound at the venue was 100 times better.
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:44 am

...and there are loud clicks ... maybe from the low cut (also testing that out tonight). Good to try things out with these types of shows (all the same setlists)... I'd be pissed if this was a solo acoustic show. The Pensacola recording isn't worth messing with and uploading...
Back to top Go down
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:01 am

Are the recording devices allowed or do you have to sneak them in?
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:45 pm

The Pensacola venue says on their website that they do not allow flash cameras or video cameras unless you have been approved by the artist, venue and have a picture ID tag. From everyone asking in the past, I know Dax doesn't care unless it's new, unreleased album material.

Panama City looked like it wouldn't matter. I thought about asking about hooking up to the soundboard there, but I chickened out.

I wore a shirt with a breast pocket, put my H2 in the pocket and the mic peaked out of the top.

:)
Back to top Go down
Pearls
I believe in peace, bitch!
Pearls

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:21 pm

They wouldn't allow cameras or recording devices in Worcester when I went to see Opeth. They made everyone take everything out of their pockets and display what they had. Then they frisked us and patted and squeezed all pockets. I had my cellphone and they didn't say anything about it. I took a few very crappy photos but the staff was right on people if they noticed someone holding up a device and pointing to the stage too long. "ARE YOU RECORDING? PUT IT AWAY! THERE'S NO RECORDING!"

I didn't even think to try to record a very crappy audio of the show with my cellphone facepalm .
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:16 pm

I haven't tried my method with any bigger shows like that. I wouldn't risk losing the wait time to return to the car, etc. If I had something different like an Edirol R09 I might... that device could pass for a cellphone.

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/1800/R09HRcase-xlarge.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

holy fuck yes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: holy fuck yes!!   holy fuck yes!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

holy fuck yes!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next