the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?

Go down 
+29
Mortality
quiet_doom
deadsouth
ATW
scaredsquee
mamamoonie
DAMN DIRTY HIPPY
cosmicfreakout
thisotherkingdom
Darth Paul
MelancholyVGS311
Adolf Oliver Nipple
DeadDaisy
Draugr
BrentVegas
blackwizard
doomtroll
Swampy
beautiful downgrade
myster6
beercan
monicahebert
Sicklysweet
noelle
optimistic-pessimist
HellfirE
Phool
Doomchild
newdeathsensation
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Listening to it for the third time since I picked Marsh up from work. horns
Back to top Go down
DeadDaisy

DeadDaisy

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:08 pm

The CD is less than thirty-six minutes long, which is a disappointment, but overall, I enjoy it.
I'm not sure which song is my favorite yet, but as of right now, "You Were Born to be My Gallows" is my least favorite, I think.
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:01 pm

blackwizard wrote:
what are the odds of being able to pick this up on vinyl at the show this saturday? is it even being released on vinyl?
Dax posted this on the street team's Facebook in reply to a question about vinyl: "if you want vinyl ask fat possum. they won't make it until enough people ask for it."
So send your requests to Fat Possum if that's what you want!
Back to top Go down
Adolf Oliver Nipple

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm gonna download it as soon as possible rip
Back to top Go down
blackwizard

blackwizard

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 am

noelle wrote:
blackwizard wrote:
what are the odds of being able to pick this up on vinyl at the show this saturday? is it even being released on vinyl?
Dax posted this on the street team's Facebook in reply to a question about vinyl: "if you want vinyl ask fat possum. they won't make it until enough people ask for it."
So send your requests to Fat Possum if that's what you want!

awesome, thanks for the reply. i'll see if i can pester them enough to release it...even if it is a small run of 100 or so
Back to top Go down
MelancholyVGS311

MelancholyVGS311

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:28 am

I'm looking forward to picking it up off of a shelf in a store.
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:22 am

BrentVegas wrote:
the songs on here don't seem written just for Dax to show off his voice and range.

This has me worried. I'm still waiting on my pre-order. I know I'll love anything Dax does. And, as stated by someone upthread ... live always is so much better.

Can't wait to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Darth Paul
Rockin' the Darkside
Darth Paul

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:38 pm

I like the retro sound it has.
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:44 pm

GOT IT, 3rd spin... AND!?!?!?!?!

I am thoroughly enjoying this album I think more then the last 2
Back to top Go down
Sicklysweet
Succubus
Sicklysweet

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:52 pm

I listened it to it last night and once this morning, decided I absolutely love it. Like a couple people said, "Gallows" is my least favorite. I found myself skipping it this morning. But really, everything else has got this awesome groove that i'm totally diggin'.
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Mine came this morning and I love it. I already posted what I thought in the Say Goodnight To The World thread so sorry to be redundant, but seriously, it's so beautiful. Feels like floating in a dreamworld. Lovelovelove
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:36 pm

had it on repeat all day at work today. no one said anything about it, good or bad nuts
I fa damn sho was diggin it tho.

Back to top Go down
thisotherkingdom

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:38 pm

I don't know why you guys don't like Gallows. I was expecting to hate it considering all the negative feedback on here before my first listen. I really dug it, though. Personally, I think Like Moonlight was the weakest track on there.
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:41 pm

Still waiting. Damn Amazon.

Edit - Checked open orders, and the estimated ship date is 8/9 cuss . I sure hope I get a Street Team package soon.

I don't think I'll bother preordering anyting from Amazon in the future. Fuck em.
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'
cosmicfreakout

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:49 pm

MelancholyVGS311 wrote:
I'm looking forward to picking it up off of a shelf in a store.
me too. i was going to pre-order but i never seemed to have enough money for it.
Back to top Go down
DAMN DIRTY HIPPY
Fucking the hole
in Kennedy's Head
DAMN DIRTY HIPPY

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:25 pm

Guy so far gallows is one of my favorite tracks. batty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 pm

thats what im sayin blunt
Back to top Go down
doomtroll
The Passenger
doomtroll

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:49 pm

I have yet to find a bad track on the whole disk...
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me
beautiful downgrade

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Me either
Back to top Go down
mamamoonie
hexavalent headtrip
mamamoonie

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:57 pm

I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart I heart

yep.
Back to top Go down
scaredsquee

scaredsquee

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:27 am

it's not here yet, i preordered it when i was in hawaii. i won't be here monday, or all week either because i'm working in NY, so i'm going to have to wait. when is the MP3 album available for download? i want to buy the mp3s as well as having my physical preorder, because that's how i roll. batbanana
Back to top Go down
ATW

ATW

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:01 am

Just ordered my copy this morning from the link Dax posted on Myspace - I live in London UK though so dont know how long it'll take. I guess he doesnt do it anymore but I remeber 6 or 7 years back when he was selling Deadboy demos and I got a few in the post - and they were actually sent by him, they had his signature on the overseas declaration bit on the packaging (which I cut out and kept of course!) - cant wait to get the cd - I loved "..Blood Or Love" - I just keep crossing my fingers he will decide to play some European shows sometime!!
Back to top Go down
deadsouth

deadsouth

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:51 am

Well, seeing as how he has a label nowdays, I doubt he's putting the cds in envelopes himself.

Effin Sell out

joker
Back to top Go down
noelle
Polite
noelle

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 am

I'm fairly certain that merch ordered off his Shopit page is sent out by him. I've ordered a few things from it and they've come to me with his signature. :)
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:50 am

ATW wrote:
I just keep crossing my fingers he will decide to play some European shows sometime!!

Amen to that!

And thanks to a... let's say... pirate time machine, I've been able to listen to it, though it's still in the mail. :D

So far I really dig it. But I can't make a comparison to the others yet. Too early. I especially liked "Sleeping With The Witch" though. I haven't really listened to any most of the newer boots, so all the songs are pretty new to me. Very cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?   hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hey everybody whats everyone think of the new album?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next