ThinginaJar
sunken
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
monkeyshine

monkeyshine

Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 2:51 pm

Doomchild wrote:
Yeah, can't set a foot out the door w/o being gang-raped by immigrants. They don't even care, if my gang rape card is already full for the week. They just rape right ahead. In the butthole... if I'm lucky.

Also I'm super worried about the Syrians... Their grocery store doesn't seem to be doing so well, and I really like shopping there.

Love me some halal meat. Does your Syrian store have halal pork? I can’t find that shit anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Sune

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 6:08 am

If you thought 4 years was a long time...

I look toward 2020 with hope in my eyes. Hopefully Dax will release something new, and be elected President. But I could settle for the former. 😁

My guess is that he's just busy with ordinary life. Taking care of work and domestic life, paying the bills, and squeezing recordings in whenever he has a bit of spare time.
Back to top Go down
doctorthompson

doctorthompson

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:22 pm

President Riggs ... heh, can you even imagine the inauguration speech he’d give, assuming he didn’t “forget the papers” and the White House had a proper sized hamster bottle installed? He wouldn’t even be able to get through “My fellow Americans…” before someone yelled, “PLAY FUKKIN DEAD GIRL!!!!”.

Back to top Go down
Sune

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 12:23 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 2:12 pm

lol2
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 9:20 pm

4 years lol
The title of this thread always gives me a good chuckle, followed by a sigh of dejection.
Back to top Go down
SanitaryRefuse

SanitaryRefuse

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 9:51 am

Wow, its been such a long time since I've been around. Definitely bummed there's no news. 😔 last thing I heard was when I met him in NYC in 2015 and he was working on stuff and had told me about a few older songs he was redoing (ones we had heard live eons ago) that he said would be out that year or the following. We miss you Dax, life just isn't the same without new music.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 2:54 am

Sune wrote:

I look toward 2020 with hope in my eyes.

Yeah, Dan from the future here. About that... Don't.
Worst. Year. Ever. lol
Back to top Go down
BrentVegas

BrentVegas

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Deep diving into some of my old Dax/Deadboy stuff for the first time in a long time, and it made me realize how much I miss live music and new music from Dax. That's all. I hope this long drought ends eventually. And I hope Dax is doing okay, too.
Back to top Go down
parricc

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Man, it's been so long now. I missed seeing an acoustic set he did in my hometown right before he stopped playing. Really regret missing that. At that point, I was kind of taking Dax playing for granted. It was so easy to see one of shows back then. So much has changed. What I'd do just to see another show again...
Back to top Go down
ComfortableDoom

ComfortableDoom

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2022 11:29 am

Is anyone out there? Hope you are all well! Is there any news on Dax and / or new music or have we given up hope?
Back to top Go down
beercan
Blackness in my Blues
beercan

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2022 1:18 pm

I logged in here just to see if there were any updates. Looks like no. I also hope Dax is okay and look forward to some new stuff.
Back to top Go down
ComfortableDoom

ComfortableDoom

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2023 1:26 pm

There's been radio silence on this board for a while now. Can we now assume that Dax is not going to be putting out new music anymore? I'm grateful for all of the awesome music he's already created but it feels like his musical journey wasn't complete yet. If anyone has any legit info on his whereabouts and if he's planning on releasing new music in the future, it would be great to hear from you!
Back to top Go down
imperfectdreamingskull

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 8:33 pm

Just found out this site existed, been a fan for about 20 years (I'm 32). Dax has been my favorite musician for most of the time I've been a fan of music. I've never seen any live performances but now that I'm older and have the ability to go places, I'd travel across the country just to see him one time. Hope he comes back soon.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor
Doomchild

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 4:56 pm

Welcome! horns This is the official status of this forum: deadhorse j/k, no one's beating it actually. :D While I appreciate that you found our little place here, at this point, you'll really find more activity in the couple Facebook groups that are also around. Not amazingly much, though, as far as I know. But I'm kinda out of the loop, too.
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 4:30 pm

I have finally made peace with the fact that, if I see dax again, it'll be in hell or New Orleans
Back to top Go down
neckutter1

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 5:29 pm

I wish he would tour, I only live one state over from Louisana if that's where he still resides.
Back to top Go down
Mundus

Mundus

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 3:49 pm

Now and then I wonder whether he's had to deal with some personal tragedy for all this time. Who knows? Maybe he's just had to take care of his family and he's taken the chance to chill in the process.
Back to top Go down
TheGodDamnWizardry

TheGodDamnWizardry

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 7:35 am

I'm not dying on the hill of "he's done".  But, in hindsight, most of the songs on Say Goodnight... sound like dax saying goodbye.   Dude can write an amazing song.

And to add to that,  I can only imagine he spent a good amount of time writing those songs.
So he knew what was coming before the album was released.

Then with the acoustic tour after that, it seemed like a lot of those songs could be taken as, the reasons why.

Back to top Go down
kidney

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 5:19 pm

TheGodDamnWizardry wrote:
I'm not dying on the hill of "he's done".  But, in hindsight, most of the songs on Say Goodnight... sound like dax saying goodbye.   Dude can write an amazing song.

And to add to that,  I can only imagine he spent a good amount of time writing those songs.
So he knew what was coming before the album was released.

Then with the acoustic tour after that, it seemed like a lot of those songs could be taken as, the reasons why.

I dunno about that... he was still performing new songs after he released "Say Goodnight to the World". he still is writing according to a comment posted on a one of the posts from Dax's IG.

P.S.
his wife shared that with the person who commented on the post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous   Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isn't 4 years without an album getting a bit ridiculous
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4